U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 08-23-2009, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Bliss Township, Michigan
6,430 posts, read 9,292,232 times
Reputation: 6675

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yeah I lost a couple jars of moonshine off the table a few years back.
Now that's destructive!
Not to mention, alcohol abuse.

Last edited by Nephler; 08-23-2009 at 05:56 PM..
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-23-2009, 05:45 PM
 
Location: on top of a mountain
7,013 posts, read 8,568,446 times
Reputation: 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yeah I lost a couple jars of moonshine off the table a few years back.
every so often ya just gotta appease 'ol mother nature by pouring a little onto the ground and giving an offering prayer!!! share or she shall take!!! hehehaha!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2009, 08:13 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
8,685 posts, read 11,930,827 times
Reputation: 10243
Rubber baby buggy bumpers to cushion the valuables...sheesh...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2009, 08:24 PM
 
Location: Bliss Township, Michigan
6,430 posts, read 9,292,232 times
Reputation: 6675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Rubber baby buggy bumpers to cushion the valuables...sheesh...
Is that as hard to type as it is to say?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2009, 08:36 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
8,685 posts, read 11,930,827 times
Reputation: 10243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
Is that as hard to type as it is to say?
Actually easier to type as you can take your time...I love tongue twisters though...say 3 times fast...then there is aluminum....you could crush and cush the valuables that too...or there is also Bounty balled up...that generic crap just flattens out...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2009, 08:39 PM
 
17,479 posts, read 20,411,337 times
Reputation: 8939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Actually easier to type as you can take your time...I love tongue twisters though...say 3 times fast...then there is aluminum....you could crush and cush the valuables that too...or there is also Bounty balled up...that generic crap just flattens out...
damned straight.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2009, 09:07 AM
 
Location: Topeka, KS
164 posts, read 235,495 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
While you are likely to experience more quakes in Alaska than tornadoes in Kansas, they are by far less destructive. The vast majority of the quakes are under magnitude 5.0 and cause no damage. They are actually kind of fun when they are that small, if you notice them at all. They only become a concern when they are 5.0 and above. Active volcanoes are responsible for many of the quakes.
Great now I have to worry about volcanoes too..... Really?

You can watch a tornado.. you can see where there comin from and watch them leave.. no worries.. but I trust you guys so I will not let the rumbler's worry me. Thanks.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2009, 03:23 PM
 
17,479 posts, read 20,411,337 times
Reputation: 8939
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajadrmin View Post
Great now I have to worry about volcanoes too..... Really?

You can watch a tornado.. you can see where there comin from and watch them leave.. no worries.. but I trust you guys so I will not let the rumbler's worry me. Thanks.
When I lived in the upper Su, they were so commonplace that it was just another part of life. You just kind of go about your business. It's normal enough to even sleep through them, or maybe wake up a little bit and then go back to sleep. You just have to make sure not to put your bottles too close to the edges of anything but that becomes second nature quite quickly.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2009, 12:31 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
8,685 posts, read 11,930,827 times
Reputation: 10243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
When I lived in the upper Su, they were so commonplace that it was just another part of life. You just kind of go about your business. It's normal enough to even sleep through them, or maybe wake up a little bit and then go back to sleep. You just have to make sure not to put your bottles too close to the edges of anything but that becomes second nature quite quickly.
maybe childproof latches on the inside of your cupboards and keep the bottles in there...a little more protection for the valuables
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2009, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Topeka, KS
164 posts, read 235,495 times
Reputation: 62
Maybe keep the tequila under the pillow.. that way when one wakes me up I can take a shot before I freak out..
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2016, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top