U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 08-29-2009, 07:30 PM

8,671 posts, read 9,025,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AttilaTheHunny View Post
I appreciate all of your comments! Very helpful to get some feedback from people who've been there or are there. We've done a lot of weather comparison... but as a frequent visitor to the south, I know that just reading temps doesn't necessarily tell you how it FEELS. I've spent a week in July in El Paso, and felt it was HOTTER up in Green Bay when I returned. Yet, it was 120 down there, and only 90 here.. but with 100% humidity. Again, thanks for the input!
-Kristen
Also after the thread about we are so mean...we also sway off topic quickly too, but doesn't take a whole lot to bring us back...sometimes...Fairbanks gets hotter..maybe 80s, 90s in the summer at times.. Toward Mat-su, Anchorage, Peninsula...not so hot...think high today is 50's on the Peninsula...I am at over 100 now...at 6:30...If you don't mind cold, good...it is not as cold as MN, not sure about Green Bay, unless you are close to Fairbanks...then -40 to -60 is a good possibility... My problem is it seems to drag out forever (8 months) then maybe you have spring or fall for summer if not raining all the time...makes for good fishing weather though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 08-30-2009, 01:59 PM

289 posts, read 480,000 times
Default ice worms

it's thows damed ice worms again that get me.they get in your boots en bite your toes.u may not notice it at first...but...they bite harder&harder till ya notice em. sometimes ya got to take your boot off to get them out.then it can take awhile to get them all off your feet.it can hurt.dam things any way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska