Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 10:54 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,648,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
My posts are my opinions; I was not aware the CD's were "fact finding" - I prefer to not copy and paste as you and a few others do on here. And, any facts I want to check on will not come from the Forums.

I see you conveniently chose to ignore my comments about when you posted "your" supposed boat and went into attack mode....hmmmmm. As far as nothing but air you need to pull your head out of your arse same as FD.
You flat state that you refuse to base you opinions on facts and that you can post any sort of concoction that comes to mind...

and then you claim someone else has their head up their arse????

Old 09-06-2009, 10:56 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
It's a well documented and clearly accurate statement.

You of course can't refute it!

And of course you don't seem to care what is true and what is not, which makes your opinions worthless to others.

And I suppose you think that "your" opinions and copy and paste jobs are credible? First of all, you are arguing on a health care plan that just came into the works...so just "how" do you call people "baby killers"? So far nothing is written in stone. Nothing came of the proposal the Clintons had either and I suppose that's everyone else's fault? So typical of Dems when things don't go their way, they love to sling names and categorize people. They remind me of children who don't get their way and throw tantrums.

Just how do you argue a point where the health care plan is supposedly going to be rewritten by President Obama??

And WHY would I want to refute your so-called facts? I never even brought the subject up on stats of health care,,,,,,your memory slipping?....You brought it up.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
You flat state that you refuse to base you opinions on facts and that you can post any sort of concoction that comes to mind...

and then you claim someone else has their head up their arse????
Facts? Facts? Facts? For crying out loud...get off it already. I don't care about your so called facts simply because you are obviously biased and shall we say, a bit "close-minded." Plus the fact you can't tolerate others thinking differently then you do. Now take your facts, and ah, ya know where they can go.

BTW you might want to go back and read my post again to see if you can comprehend it a little better; what I stated does "not" require facts since I stated what I'd like to see happen re the health care bill. Since when does an opinion such as I wrote require facts. Now enough already...take your bantering arguments elsewhere.

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 09-06-2009 at 11:37 AM..

Old 09-06-2009, 11:55 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,267,751 times
Alaskapat is the Sarah Palin of C-D: vacuous bluster and a lot of stale air.

I predict that she will respond to this message with her usual bilge. Jump to it, Alaskapat!

Old 09-06-2009, 12:14 PM

192 posts, read 594,779 times
So typical of Dems when things don't go their way, they love to sling names and categorize people. They remind me of children who don't get their way and throw tantrums.

Irony, thy name is Pat.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Alaskapat is the Sarah Palin of C-D: vacuous bluster and a lot of stale air.

I predict that she will respond to this message with her usual bilge. Jump to it, Alaskapat!

Ah why lower myself to respond to a childish a** who is veering off topic, as usual. Isn't there a Palin thread you want to "jump to" somewhere?

Old 09-06-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Ching View Post
So typical of Dems when things don't go their way, they love to sling names and categorize people. They remind me of children who don't get their way and throw tantrums.

Irony, thy name is Pat.

Irony, the horrible things you wished upon Satch! Just what do you call that? Irony, thy name is definitely Cha Ching! You should be ashamed of yourself for that post.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Well, you don't "have" to refute anything, Pat, but the FACT remains that this statement has a lot of truth in it.

You also can't refute the fact that infant mortality rate in the U.S. is fairly deplorable. I don't think that Floyd meant that you personally were responsible; I think that what he meant is that your...opinions...sometimes come across as Social Darwinism.

First of all I stated an opinion of what I'd like to see happen with the health care bill. I didn't ask Floyd for any stats on infant mortality rates. I am well aware of the atrocious health care in this Country. Social darwinism...not hardly! I personally don't care what Floyd thinks my opinions come across as. The last time I checked we were all free to state opinions and that's a FACT!

Taken from Floyd's post: Your opinion might make you feel good, but our babies die because of what you promote.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:35 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Well, this debate has gone the way of most, I see.

Pat, you should get a grip.

Now--I'm wondering something. I can tell you that it's a fact (there's that silly word "fact" again) that the boat you keep harping on is indeed one of the boats that CC owns. Why are you always making allusions that someone is not who they say they are? Your remarks to him are about as silly as your hinting around that "notrees" is another poster here.

I'm suggesting that for your own good you stay out of these discussions. You've posted more personal slams than anyone in this thread and it's getting old. You keep harping on Satch; well as I've said before, my boy Satch gets himself into these things. The first mud in this thread was slung directly by him.

Quote:
My posts are my opinions; I was not aware the CD's were "fact finding" - I prefer to not copy and paste as you and a few others do on here. And, any facts I want to check on will not come from the Forums.

I see you conveniently chose to ignore my comments about when you posted "your" supposed boat and went into attack mode....hmmmmm. As far as nothing but air you need to pull your head out of your arse same as FD.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 09-06-2009 at 02:11 PM..

Old 09-06-2009, 01:48 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,648,963 times
Quote:
First of all I stated an opinion of what I'd like to see happen with the health care bill. I didn't ask Floyd for any stats on infant mortality rates.

Taken from Floyd's post: Your opinion might make you feel good, but our babies die because of what you promote.
You don't want facts... and you don't mind a bit if what you advocate kills our children.

Not to mention our adults, who don't live as long as people in other countries. The US ranks 50th, out of 224 countries, at 78.1 years. The top ten countries are all 81 years or above (Japan is at the top, with a life expectancy of 83).

We're doing good though... given a few more years of Republican policies and we might be the equal of Afghanistan (42 years).

As of 2008 the US spends over $6000 per capita on health care. Switzerland, the second highest spender, was at about $4000, and five other countries were at $3000 per capita. No country spending more than $2000 had life expectancy numbers as low as the US.

Clearly every reasonable health care system in the world costs less and works better than ours. Just as clearly the only ones that are less effective are those based on the principles you and most Republicans are advocating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: