Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 01:32 PM

251 posts, read 679,747 times

Advertisements

If the PFD department gives them the green light then they get one. I agree and I have just as much of a problem with lower 48er civilians comming up here and getting dividends as well, they need to make the requirements for PFD's WAY more strigent, the PFD brings drug and gang problems here because once a year all the dead beats and gang bangers have a bunch of extra cash to buy drugs with. I personally think they should use the PFD money to build a bullet line from the north slope to anchorage and shut down the gas line across canada, we are going to need to be energy independant when the lower 48 melts down and we will need very strict zoning laws for the use of the gas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 08:23 PM

50 posts, read 137,653 times
If you pay state taxes to Alaska out of your military pay...you should be entitled. Come on folks their would be no Alaska without the military defending ones freedom or United States for that matter!

I have gathered from reading this site the div is for the pricey cost of living in Alaska....if so whether you are military or civilian one should be entitled! Booyah!

Oh, by the way if you pay it in your taxes you should be entitled if you pay Alaskan taxes. Home of Record issue...a military person can't change there home of record, but they can change their residency to reflect on their LES. Paycheck for non-military folks. Soooooo, relax and lets take a bite out of gangs not shots at the Military!

Just smile and wave boys, just smile and wave!

Last edited by MilitaryVet; 10-28-2009 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: didn't read entire thread

Old 10-28-2009, 09:47 PM

To the OP Great site and you will get all the information straight from the state of Alaska website.

What if the military member was not able to return to Alaska in 2008 or 2009 to meet the 72-hour rule for the 2010 dividend?

The PFD Division has provisions for waiving the 72-hour rule in certain circumstances. You can review the policy for waiving the 72-hour rule (pdf). Contact us for more information.

Updated 9/15/2009

Old 10-28-2009, 09:49 PM

1,923 posts, read 4,713,692 times
if your new children were not born in Alaska they do NOT qualify for the PFDs until you all return they they spend a full year here from January to January.

There is no waiver available for people who have never been to Alaska.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryVet View Post
If you pay state taxes to Alaska out of your military pay...you should be entitled. Come on folks their would be no Alaska without the military defending ones freedom or United States for that matter!

I have gathered from reading this site the div is for the pricey cost of living in Alaska....if so whether you are military or civilian one should be entitled! Booyah!

Oh, by the way if you pay it in your taxes you should be entitled if you pay Alaskan taxes. Home of Record issue...a military person can't change there home of record, but they can change their residency to reflect on their LES. Paycheck for non-military folks. Soooooo, relax and lets take a bite out of gangs not shots at the Military!

Alaska has no state tax.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:59 PM

AAH nice to know even more reason to move to Alaska!!!! Although reading the rules for PFD they said military must change their LES on put Alaska as their residency before 31 Dec. and children, dependents and spouses of military members do have a waiver! So roadfamily6now, check out the website and get smart!!

Old 10-28-2009, 10:11 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:

There is not State work tax in Alaska.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:17 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
To the OP Great site and you will get all the information straight from the state of Alaska website.

What if the military member was not able to return to Alaska in 2008 or 2009 to meet the 72-hour rule for the 2010 dividend?

The PFD Division has provisions for waiving the 72-hour rule in certain circumstances. You can review the policy for waiving the 72-hour rule (pdf). Contact us for more information.

Updated 9/15/2009
That's a special waiver, which applies to military members in special missions. For example, if they get deployed to the front lines in Iraq or Afghanistan and for that reason can't comply with the 72 hour requirement. besides, they have to prove that they in fact meet those conditions.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
AAH nice to know even more reason to move to Alaska!!!! Although reading the rules for PFD they said military must change their LES on put Alaska as their residency before 31 Dec. and children, dependents and spouses of military members do have a waiver! So roadfamily6now, check out the website and get smart!!
Yeah, used to watch that show on Nick at Night back in the day.

I know how the PFD works and if the 2 children in question have never been in Alaska they do not qualify for the PFD. Simple as that.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:46 AM

Thanks for the clarification, good luck to the OP, one thing is for certain which I have thought about.....if the PFD is to help for the cost of living and you are in the military stationed elsewhere, perhaps everyone against giving PFD to people not living in Alaska is right on this matter. The only way I can see fit for people to recieve it is if they come to Alaska once a year and are residents of Alaska or if they own property! I have changed my mind from reading everyone's opinions!

Yes I changed my spots! Thanks for educating me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: