Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 06:16 PM

18,332 posts, read 26,357,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtgirl View Post
You're not free to do whatever you please in Alaska any more than you are in Vermont. If you think so, moving there will be a hell of a shock. We all must abide by the laws that keep everyone in a relative state of safety or suffer the consequences, no matter where your residence. Laws are in place to keep most people safe most of the time, not to rob you of your 'rights'.

Other than recreational drug use in your own home and prostitution, I can't think of too many activities that are illegal that one could fight are 'rights' (and then, most people confuse rights with privileges).
Governments originated as a way of stripping people of rights to enrich and empower a few. Alaska for example was arguably safer (crime wise anyways) and a lot more free in the near state of anarchy before European discovery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 10:17 AM

804 posts, read 2,880,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanthaball88 View Post
Hello,

I was hoping someone here could help me. I am from upstate New York and have always been interested in wildlife and law enforcement. I was applying endlessly to jobs in New York, Vermont, New Hampshire etc. They were conservation officer jobs, state trooper jobs, and park ranger jobs- but no one is hiring or it requires state testing and examining. It is extremely hard to get into one of these jobs here. It seems as though I have found a good fit with the Alaska Wildlife Troopers. I applied online and I will be mailing my background packet in tomorrow.

I am mainly wondering what are the odds of getting in? When I applied I said I would do either State or Wildlife but I preferred wildlife.

The process is much different from what I am used to. Usually, you apply- take an entrance exam and score a ridiculously high score even to be looked at- polygraph- background- physical testing- and more. It seems as though with Alaska there is just the application- background- physical testing?

Now, I am willing to move to Alaska in a heartbeat to accept this job. However, I cant afford to fly back and forth for an interview process. What will happen? Will I even be required to do that?

Help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks all!
It is a few years down the road now... so what happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska