Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 10:28 AM

5 posts, read 13,653 times

Advertisements

Mr.Davidson do you know my oldest brother wesley? How long have you lived in Barrow?What do you do? You are the first person that I have talked to in Barrow.Still learning about this site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 10:54 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,648,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little brother View Post
Mr.Davidson do you know my oldest brother wesley? How long have you lived in Barrow?What do you do? You are the first person that I have talked to in Barrow.Still learning about this site.
Hi! I saw Wesley a on Friday, and looked at him kinda funny and said, "Is your middle name JOHN?" He looked at me with a smile and (he knew I was up to something) and said "Yes." So I told him I was talking to his little brother in MN. He broke into a big grin, and then he told me your middle name (which I've already forgotten... oh, wait... you are K.P. ???).

I've known Wesley for about as long as I've lived in Barrow, which is several years now. I'm two years older than he is, and we tease each other about it. We're both sort of old and gray...

This is indeed an interesting site, and there occasionally are others from Barrow who drop in and say a few things. If you click on my name on a message you'll get a menu that gives the option of looking at my profile, and that should have a button that is labeled "contact info". Click on that and you can get my email address, my homepage address, or send a "Direct Message" here on City-Data. You might like looking at my webpage, as it has a lot of pictures of Barrow. Send me an email so that I have your email address, and I'll get a good picture of Wesley and send it to you.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:39 AM

5 posts, read 13,653 times
I have looked at your profile. Still trying to learn this computer stuff. Sorry getting emotional with all of this new information. I smile just like wesley. I'll have to have my wife try to send you pictures of us.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:34 PM

2 posts, read 3,720 times
do you know steve thomas he use to work for the health department?

Old 02-19-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirley k charley View Post
do you know steve thomas he use to work for the health department?
I'm sorry, I don't off hand know who Steve is.

As a side note, and a sad one... Wesley J. Ahmakak, the long time friend of mine, the older brother to the OP, passed away this past winter at age 63.

One of the things that came about because "Little Brother" posted to C-D is that I took quite a few pictures of Wesley in the last year of his life. I'd taken a few odd ones before that, because he certainly was a character, but these were taken to send to his brother. Some of them were with two fellows, one of whom he hung around with a lot, and the other (yours truly) that enjoyed both of the others now and then. I sat the camera on a tripod and let it shoot the three of us making jokes and pointing at each other. You can imagine that the pictures are more precious today that ever.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:01 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,727,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
I'm sorry, I don't off hand know who Steve is.

As a side note, and a sad one... Wesley J. Ahmakak, the long time friend of mine, the older brother to the OP, passed away this past winter at age 63.

One of the things that came about because "Little Brother" posted to C-D is that I took quite a few pictures of Wesley in the last year of his life. I'd taken a few odd ones before that, because he certainly was a character, but these were taken to send to his brother. Some of them were with two fellows, one of whom he hung around with a lot, and the other (yours truly) that enjoyed both of the others now and then. I sat the camera on a tripod and let it shoot the three of us making jokes and pointing at each other. You can imagine that the pictures are more precious today that ever.
OMG! 63! sooo young....sorry for the loss of your friend and the OP's brother.....isn't it wonderful to know that you have photos for the loved ones to enjoy! fabulous Floyd!

Old 02-19-2011, 08:11 PM

2 posts, read 3,720 times
thank you for the reply he had a son that was 2 when we left barrow. we owned the house next to the judge in b block. when we left joe the water man bought it. we left in 94 after 10 yrs there. my husband dale worked for the nsb health dept as their expeditor and i worked for nsb personnel. my mother leona rubi worked at the hospital as a cook and our son shawn worked for the bsb administration. and you are right on about how you are treated i fit right in with jo jo brower and the saturday sewing group at the school. again thanks for your reply.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirley k charley View Post
thank you for the reply he had a son that was 2 when we left barrow. we owned the house next to the judge in b block. when we left joe the water man bought it. we left in 94 after 10 yrs there. my husband dale worked for the nsb health dept as their expeditor and i worked for nsb personnel. my mother leona rubi worked at the hospital as a cook and our son shawn worked for the bsb administration. and you are right on about how you are treated i fit right in with jo jo brower and the saturday sewing group at the school. again thanks for your reply.
Wow, you have quite a history here!

I'll check with friends and see if Steve is still here or if anyone knows where he's gone to.

You'll get a kick out of Joe the Waterman's life since you left. His mom of course was old even in 1994, but now she's older than the hills. And Joe retired from the water business. His trucks got old and needed more repair than it was worth because everyone is on the utilidor now and the business isn't enough for two delivery outfits. So he retired (may be 6-7 years ago). But it was hilarious. First, he had so much energy he couldn't sit still. He's basically running Pepe's full time now. It took many months for him to calm down! But that didn't stop people from calling him asking for a water delivery. He probably is still getting calls...

Oh, the Judge is the same too! No better than he ever was, and no worse either.

That's pretty much the way Barrow is. I think the only thing that's really changed is there is not as much of a housing crunch, and the Internet is a lot faster than it once was (and still slow compared to the rest of the world).

Old 02-19-2011, 10:01 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,113 times
I guess the name is a common one but there is someone who lives around Delta Junction off the grid by that name and is a frequent photographic contributor to the Delta News Web. Sorry about your friend, Floyd.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:04 AM

4,715 posts, read 10,514,208 times
Sorry to hear the news Floyd... Sounds like the world lost a good man. Thankfully due to the internet you were able to share photos with his relatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska