Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2009, 04:03 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,745,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
Not a big issue. The Minnesota/Franklin election was "NEWS", in South Dakota, for many months. Sometimes, I forget the rest of the world doesn't get the same local "newsfeeds" that we do, here.....
(5 minutes to Okrah )
LOL...they have this entertainment gossip show on here before Oprah...calling it the Oprah-SP showdown...seems she is playing on her kids once again....Sorry excuse for this hooplah...

Old 11-16-2009, 04:21 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,367,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyear View Post
I live in Alberta, Canada ...I'm looking forward to this tv interview too. I remember now the re-vote of Franklin getting elected. I totally forgot about it because it seemed to take so long
Are the majority of Canadians interested in American politics? Earlier this year we were coming back from the lower 48 crossing into Canada. My mother in law didn't have her passport (it became law in one more day so we just made it) and the border agent said to me "if you come through again with your mother in law and she doesn't have a passport, she will not come through, and that is YOUR president's doing, not ours." He really emphasized "your president" in a bitter tone.

What are they basically saying about the Palin book by you?

Old 11-16-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
LOL...they have this entertainment gossip show on here before Oprah...calling it the Oprah-SP showdown...seems she is playing on her kids once again....Sorry excuse for this hooplah...
If you do watch it, maybe you could report back with what you thought.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:40 PM

400 posts, read 463,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Are the majority of Canadians interested in American politics? Earlier this year we were coming back from the lower 48 crossing into Canada. My mother in law didn't have her passport (it became law in one more day so we just made it) and the border agent said to me "if you come through again with your mother in law and she doesn't have a passport, she will not come through, and that is YOUR president's doing, not ours." He really emphasized "your president" in a bitter tone.

What are they basically saying about the Palin book by you?
yes, canadians are interested in american politics. About the borders...Well, this whole passport thing came after 9-11 and George Bush implimented passports to get into the US. canadians never had to have a passport, and neither did us citizens going and coming. But after 9-11 we had to have our passports even before you had to have your's. So when a border agent told you that, it was the truth...it was implemented soley by Bush and how he wanted to beef up security after 9-11

i forgot to answer your question about the Palin book...I can't speak for all canadians but my feeling is that most people here feel she is a joke. I don't think that most canadians will buy her book. But it won't matter to her, her sales will be in the US

Last edited by oneyear; 11-16-2009 at 04:53 PM..

Old 11-16-2009, 05:09 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,745,965 times
My take on Oprah.. is yeah Oprah. She did not openly trap SP, just relayed the questions, got the answer, and had to reask the question. Everything went into a story on SPs part and circled around her being in the spotlight without a straight answer. Oprah did not belittle herself into trapping SP into a corner. I like the last segment...SP said Oprah was the queen and complimented on her overcoming her obstacles and likened herself to that image. Oprah cut her off, then thanked Sarah's children for being in the audience...Hat's off to Oprah for letting the SP spins and dissertations continue...I could see Oprah's eyes talking or thinking, and she was woman enough to control herself within limits

PS: She likened Levi to being too busy with his busy entertainment tours for his child....whatcha think all as to what that says for her, not going after her kids, but once again her parenting on a whole. When asked how she could have been president with 5 kids, she said she has a support system that is amazing and ya have to see it or understand it...in other words.... I have not watched Oprah in years, no idea what channel or time it was on here...I missed 15 minutes...oh well..., but have the utmost respect for how she handled this with the utmost control, versus how someone else would or may have. When you listen and watch, you get your own perception, and that is good

Alot of this view (mine), is understanding from being in AK while this fiasco took place, and seeing what happened and Alaska's reputation or someone's knowledge of Alaska being tied to her...it is very frustrating, but hopefully soon it will dissipate for the state. Alaska is much more than SP, and the rest of the country needs to realize that...

Last edited by Grannysroost; 11-16-2009 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: Add...sorry Pat :)

Old 11-16-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
My take on Oprah.. is yeah Oprah. She did not openly trap SP, just relayed the questions, got the answer, and had to reask the question. Everything went into a story on SPs part and circled around her being in the spotlight without a straight answer. Oprah did not belittle herself into trapping SP into a corner. I like the last segment...SP said Oprah was the queen and complimented on her overcoming her obstacles and likened herself to that image. Oprah cut her off, then thanked Sarah's children for being in the audience...Hat's off to Oprah for letting the SP spins and dissertations continue...I could see Oprah's eyes talking or thinking, and she was woman enough to control herself within limits

PS: She likened Levi to being too busy with his busy entertainment tours for his child....whatcha think all as to what that says for her, not going after her kids, but once again her parenting on a whole. When asked how she could have been president with 5 kids, she said she has a support system that is amazing and ya have to see it or understand it...in other words.... I have not watched Oprah in years, no idea what channel or time it was on here...I missed 15 minutes...oh well..., but have the utmost respect for how she handled this with the utmost control, versus how someone else would or may have. When you listen and watch, you get your own perception, and that is good

Thanks Deb....great report on it. I'll do my best to catch some of it here.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:13 PM

19,720 posts, read 10,449,020 times
Oprah's Interview with Sarah Palin - What You Didn't See - Oprah.com

Old 11-16-2009, 05:16 PM

21,368 posts, read 37,903,237 times
*I won't click on that link I won't click on that link*

Old 11-16-2009, 05:20 PM

Thank you!

Old 11-16-2009, 06:00 PM

26,476 posts, read 36,301,263 times
OK; it's coming on here right now. Warpt, you watching?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska