Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2009, 09:26 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,807,220 times

Advertisements

whattya ya doing up so early crabby....?

Old 12-03-2009, 09:32 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
You know.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:42 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,383,171 times
The chapter by chapter analysis of the book that I posted earlier really IS fascinating - not only for the struggle a former supporter has in going through the book, but also for the comments. There are some very rich and substantive comments on the blog - both from admirers and detractors; from Alaskans who claim to know her (and love her or not), and from lower 48'ers. Of most interest are posts #180, 203 & 204.

After slogging through all that (there went my morning!) I remembered another site - Narcissism 101. Whether you love her or not, IMHO, I find her behavior startlingly close to the description of a textbook Narcissist (and, before you lambast me - yes... a LOT of politicians can check these symptoms off, too.)

Someone with Narcissistic Personality disorder (NPD) has at least 5 of these symptoms:
  • has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
  • is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
  • believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
  • requires excessive admiration
  • has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
  • is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
  • lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
  • is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
  • shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
Anyone who gets upset because Sarah is discussed like this need to remember, when you step out into the political arena, this is what happens. And that's not a bad thing. If people are seriously considering her as a candidate for President, she needs to be able to stand up for the scrutiny. It's silly to say "people are asking her trick questions" or "they shouldn't pick on her" -- welcome to the media. They ask everyone questions, pick on them, and push the envelope. She isn't the only one. And this is the game she is in. Stay in it or don't. But don't think you will get special treatment.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:23 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,560,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Here's a little advice for those who don't like this thread and think it should be deleted. I hope this concept isn't too intellectually advanced for you though I suspect that it is...but try not reading the thread if it hurts your poor little heads too much.
Where else can you find so much cheep entertainment and not have to watch the tube!

Old 12-03-2009, 04:52 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,267,751 times
I'm back, munchkins. It is a toasty 55 degrees here in the greatest state. I look forward to a spirited debate (read kicking some rightwing ass) on the topic of Ms P's recent doodle.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:01 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Spent most of the day taking MIL for her doctor's appt. When we went into the office for her exam, I noted on the doctor's desk there was a copy of "the book." I asked him briefly what he thought of it and he said so far he found it interesting. I left it at that so we could get out of there.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:02 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Uh oh....

Beck Rules Out 2012 Run With Palin: She'd Always Be 'Yapping' Like We're 'In The Kitchen' (AUDIO)

Quote:
Fox News host Glenn Beck put to rest any rumors of one possible "dream ticket" team for 2012: Palin-Beck. On his radio show Thursday, Beck said he was "absolutely" ruling out the possibility of running for office with the ex-governor at the top of the ticket. His proffered reason: Palin would always be "yapping," like they were "in the kitchen."

Earlier in the week Palin said that she was open to the idea of pairing up with Beck. Palin told Fox News she "got a kick" out of the idea of them running together. She went on cheerfully, "He probably thought it was just a hoot too. I don't know, we'll see." Palin told Newsmax she could "envision a couple of different combinations, if ever I were to be in a position to really even seriously consider running for anything in the future, and I'm not there yet." She added: "But Glenn Beck I have great respect for. He's a hoot."

It looks like the respect might not be mutual. From the morning's radio show:

BECK: I don't think things are hoots. I don't. I don't think it's a hoot. I would never use the word hoot, and I respectfully ask that every time my name is brought up she would stop using the word 'hoot.' ...

No, no I'm just saying -- Beck-Palin, I'll consider. But Palin-Beck -- can you imagine, can you imagine what an administration with the two of us would be like? What? Come on! She'd be yapping or something, and I'd say, "I'm sorry, why am I hearing your voice? I'm not in the kitchen."

Old 12-03-2009, 06:35 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Good humor!

Old 12-03-2009, 07:20 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,807,220 times
so....its fiction then ?

Old 12-03-2009, 07:21 PM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
I'd rather read A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska