Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2009, 08:15 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Count down to another thread being closed.......
LOL--unfortunately that seems to be the way here. God forbid that the comments on this forum aren't reflective of a cozy little tea party.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Boy View Post
No no doll, you didn't disagree with my assessment of anything. You made 2 accusations that were both in error. Nice try at a strawman though (not really, it was obvious).
Care to provide something concrete on this rather than subjective nonsense?

Old 11-21-2009, 08:20 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,543,192 times
Quote:
I opt for option #3...that he trolls the Alaskan board for the sole purpose of stirring the... 'doo doo'. And the only awareness he wakes me up to, is that there are people like him out there that can't be happy until Sarah is beaten into the ground.
How about option #4. He's totally obsessed with her to the point of being almost a stalker.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:21 PM

288 posts, read 349,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Care to provide something concrete on this rather than subjective nonsense?
Holy cow batman
1. Troll
2. Silence

Oh well, that was 10 minutes ago. I guess someone could forget that fast.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:24 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,849,896 times
Thinking back to the Oprah interview, when asked about quitting or resigning or whatever the word was, she (Palin) tippy-toed around...then as a ??year-old woman...says her father summed it up best when he said she was retreating and reloading...reloading against whom, certainly not Alaska right?

Then I was lucky to have a few wonderful teachers in the small town I went to high school in. I had a civics teacher in 10th grade that was a politician of sorts...very boring at 16, but I quickly learned while everyone else was snoozing, to ask him a question and that would be it the rest of the period with him talking and I participated so got an A... The thing he taught me anyway, was to do something, pick a stand and do something. It was an election year, and I was on the phone a couple days before calling people to remind them to vote...mind you I was smart enough to get their attention by saying I was only 16, could not vote, but was reminding them to... Each issue has sides...to hide under a rock is not so acceptable. It is okay to disagree.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
I must admit that I thought of her as a "great" governor prior to moving here. Since then, I have seen the light, so to speak. I do think she may have been a good governor before she went national with McCain.

The real biggie for me was her quiting. Just shows she can't hack it, has no spine, is heartless, and really does not care for Alaska.

Well, she didn't show her face much in Juneau prior to becoming the VP pick, and much less so afterward. I admit to having high hopes for her (and who didn't, after F. Murkowski)...but, the trademark infighting started soon after she took office. The whole VP fiasco merely brought to light the scope of her incompentence

Old 11-21-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Holy cow batman
1. Troll
2. Silence

Oh well, that was 10 minutes ago. I guess someone could forget that fast.
Another non answer, I see. It's rather a shame that the majority of the Palinistas have nothing but personal attacks to throw at those who don't share their views and are intellectually incapable of any meaningful political discourse.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:41 PM

1,064 posts, read 2,664,766 times
I am noticing that those who are "pro-pallin" are very "pallin-esque" in their debates. In most debates you can sit outside objectively and try to understand the "pros" and "cons".

I have been unable to identify what exactly the "pro-pallin" posters in here are saying other than "stop saying mean things about her". Which as it turns out are just factual remarks and sometimes the truth hurts.

What am I missing here? What is the Pro-pallin stance? What has she done that entitles her to be elevated to revolutionary idol status and spreading her wisdom through the world via new book? In my eyes, she is just another typical politician. What is the opposing viewpoint to this?

Old 11-21-2009, 08:42 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,543,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
I must admit that I thought of her as a "great" governor prior to moving here. Since then, I have seen the light, so to speak. I do think she may have been a good governor before she went national with McCain.

The real biggie for me was her quiting. Just shows she can't hack it, has no spine, is heartless, and really does not care for Alaska.
Let's look at options. She could stay on as governor, face more frivolous ethics complaints and face an uncertain future at the end of her term. Or she could resign, write a book, make millions and keep her name on the national scene.

Facing those two options, I'd resign too, but I agree with your feelings about her and would never vote for her.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:44 PM

288 posts, read 349,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Another non answer, I see. It's rather a shame that the majority of the Palinistas have nothing but personal attacks to throw at those who don't share their views and are intellectually incapable of any meaningful political discourse.
Met for the most part it isn't political discourse. It's quite laughable that you accuse the 'Palinistas' of personal attacks. I dare guess that 90% of the attacks made on Palin are personal attacks. Her clothes, her diction, her education, her family, her religion, on and on...and on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska