U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-21-2009, 10:11 PM

400 posts, read 138,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Speaking of quitting, it looks like she's establishing some kind of trend here. Seems as though she recently bailed on some fans at one of the book signings. Regardless of you feelings about her, this isn't anyway to win friends...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8mAZ...layer_embedded#
I read that 6 pages ago, iceland posted that already. It does show how she regards the public, and she wants to run for president some day, or some other high office? She angered her own crowd that was there for her, she had people waiting for 6 and more hours to sign their books, and she took off like a rocket with no explanation. What a biatch!

I would never stand in line for anyone for that length of time. What is wrong with people?

Old 11-21-2009, 10:17 PM

15,909 posts, read 15,358,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyear View Post
With all of the talk on this thread, and her nutty book, when do you think that Sarah Palin will finally meet her match of flying into obscurity? I think, and, only my guess is about 3 months, she is done. poooof, gone!

What do you think on how quick this nutjob is finally done?
Who knows? Look how long Rush has lasted. She speaks to the same "mindset" so she could theoretically go on for a long time.

The Republican Party definitely needs to regroup and I don't see her being a part of that, though. She does them more damage than good.

Honestly, I see her becoming a small time fringe spokesperson. Her initial book sales may be good at this point, but the book itself may not have much staying power.

Anyway, my best wild guess is that the mainstream GOP will further distance itself from her in an attempt to regain some of their credibility, and that she'll continue to chase every camera in sight, and that she'll continue to have a very vocal, albeit rather small, group of supporters for perhaps a couple of more years.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
She gives their anger and frustration a name and a face, and doesn't expect them to delve too deeply into the intellectual complexities involved in world politics.
You hit the nail on the head with this, and she also does the same thing with family values, shove it under the rug, and don't deal with it, people will always be able to communicate with that disfunction. She has just now had to answer with all the scrutiny that has come her way with her family and how she has actually ignored so much.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Speaking of quitting, it looks like she's establishing some kind of trend here. Seems as though she recently bailed on some fans at one of the book signings. Regardless of your feelings about her, this isn't anyway to win friends...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8mAZ...layer_embedded#
Yes, this was disappointing. These people contributed to her new found wealth and she basically crapped all over them. Kind of like how she did us on our bridge to so called Nowhere.

The lower 48 is finding out what a lot of Alaskans knew all along.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:20 PM

4,988 posts, read 5,397,190 times
Quote:
I would never stand in line for anyone for that length of time. What is wrong with people?
I was flipping through the cable channels the other day and saw show about a huge crowd lined to for a book signing by that Kate lady with 8 kids. They were also saying that a bunch of her fans are getting haircuts just like her. Probably the same crowd. No life - just latch on to others through which to vicariously live life.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Who knows? Look how long Rush has lasted. She speaks to the same "mindset" so she could theoretically go on for a long time.
People buy controversy, like Rush Limbaugh, Fox news, Sean hannity, Bill o'reilly, they watch it, buy it, BUT will they actually vote for such crap? My guess is NO, NOT A CHANCE! They go there for the hillarity of it all, and just to see from day to day how badly they lie about everything they speak. I actually think that Sarah is in line with fox news and is hitting up for a job with them. So, I guess we haven't seen the last of this women yet.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
I was flipping through the cable channels the other day and saw show about a huge crowd lined to for a book signing by that Kate lady with 8 kids. They were also saying that a bunch of her fans are getting haircuts just like her. Probably the same crowd. No life - just latch on to others through which to vicariously live life.
With the internet, cable TV, et al, it does seem like we're living in the age of the instant celebrity.

The only reason that Sarah Palin's family values are an issue at all is that she has shown signs, while in elected office, of being in favor of social conservative platforms that would legislate how others should live their private lives.

Quote:
yeah, that is about the same as sarah palin, only sarah's hair style isn't as ambiguous and mullet looking as kate. Certain sheeples follow the sheep, and goes the same for sarah palin. To follow this kind of mentality is truly scary.

4,988 posts, read 5,397,190 times
Quote:
Kind of like how she did us on our bridge to so called Nowhere...
and ACES, and AGIA...

Old 11-21-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
People buy controversy, like Rush Limbaugh, Fox news, Sean hannity, Bill o'reilly, they watch it, buy it, BUT will they actually vote for such crap? My guess is NO, NOT A CHANCE! They go there for the hillarity of it all, and just to see from day to day how badly they lie about everything they speak. I actually think that Sarah is in line with fox news and is hitting up for a job with them. So, I guess we haven't seen the last of this women yet.
You'd be surprised at the people who tune into Rush et al and eat up every word though....and vote accordingly.

There is speculation about a Faux News talk show. Personally I have my doubts. I think it would have materialized by now....maybe the Faux execs are waiting to see how her book is received after the initial "excitement".

She's fairly ignorant about world issues. I'm not convinced that Fox would want to put her on the line...it seems that the less exposed she really is, the more value she has towards the neoconservative cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska