Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2009, 03:24 AM

400 posts, read 469,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunky3301 View Post
Weak very WEAK
That was 't weak, that was Palin looking like a bimbo once again. If she thinks for a second she can even suggest a change in canadian health care, she is extremely stupid as always. And she is suppose to know about countries, next door to her? What a fool she is! Canada looks at Sarah as the biggest fool on earth.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:04 AM

89 posts, read 340,159 times
I will buy it when I find a copy at the used book store for 1$ or 2$ May not read it all.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:12 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
Got a copy of palin's book as a gift this weekend wasn't planning on buying it ot reading it. Been flipping through it and reading small sections of it and seems pretty interesting. Lots of photos of her and family when she was growing up in Alaska and seems pretty much like a normal life.

Sales still seem to be pretty hot, news (Fox news, only one that reports anything that isn't pro Obama) said she has outsold Bill Clinton's book in the same time span.

The book discounts seem to be that the book has sold enough to where the production costs have been met and retailers are getting it at lower wholesale costs, others are selling it at lower prices (loss leader) as a draw to get people to come to their stores or get them to subscribe to a product's magizine since the book is a good draw.

It has to be a good draw, look how much the "Lefties" here have been nuts over it, they keep it in the spotlight by complaining about it! What a great marketing tool! Get under their skin and they just go nuts, nobody gave a hoot about Obama's book like this.... And he is the Anti-Christ by comparision!

Old 11-30-2009, 01:55 PM

Bit of an update. Some gal went into a book store in Anchorage and started to deface Palin's book!

She was too stupid to realize that she was increasing sales for each book she damaged. They will turn the claim into the insurance and replace the books with "New" ones, thus increasing Palin's market share.

I am totally amazed at just how stupid some of the fanatics are and their acts of "Defiance" are more often than not good press for the cause they hate because people dislike their actions, but it causes even more positve profits.

Years ago some gay rights activist didn't like the "Orange Juice" spokeslady's view on Gays, so they went into a big chain store and started stabbing all the orange juice containers. The police hauled them off, the "dead" OJ containers were thrown away and new ones were bought to replace them and the
public bought more OJ because they were mad at the kook for trashing the Spokesgal they liked!

Kinda like a bad movie with no attendance, then some evangelical will trash the movie as if it was from the gates of hell... Then the attendance goes through the roof until people realize that it was a crappy movie, millions of dollars later!

The reason "I" got this Palin book that I had no intention of buying, is because I was telling a friend about all this Palin bashing by all these folks who never read the book, so they bought for me to **** them off! LMAO!

Old 11-30-2009, 02:00 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Got a copy of palin's book as a gift this weekend wasn't planning on buying it ot reading it. Been flipping through it and reading small sections of it and seems pretty interesting. Lots of photos of her and family when she was growing up in Alaska and seems pretty much like a normal life.
That would be the interesting part for me.

Quote:
Bit of an update. Some gal went into a book store in Anchorage and started to deface Palin's book!
You don't suppose oneyear got loose in Anchorage, do you?

Old 11-30-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
That would be the interesting part for me.
That was my main interest, I like Palin to a point, but there is some negitives too.

Quote:
You don't suppose oneyear got loose in Anchorage, do you?
Well I knew this gal and then she posted it on facebook to ensure her distain by a lot of other people.... Not to mention ensure more sales!

I think oneyear is waiting for the French version to come out...

Old 11-30-2009, 02:08 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
That was my main interest, I like Palin to a point, but there is some negitives too.

Well I knew this gal and then she posted it on facebook to ensure her distain by a lot of other people.... Not to mention ensure more sales!

I think oneyear is waiting for the French version to come out...
Do they speak much French in BC?

Send me the facebook linky....

Old 11-30-2009, 07:52 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,537 times
So now it comes out that Miss P took several flights on a private jet while claiming she was on a "bus tour." Perhaps the jet was an Airbus, in which case she can claim that it was indeed a bus tour.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:01 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,537 times
Lovely!

The Immoral Minority: Countdown is a must see today with a smack down for Sarah Palin, a guest appearance by Shannyn Moore, and a Special Comment! My cup runneth over!

Old 12-01-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
So now it comes out that Miss P took several flights on a private jet while claiming she was on a "bus tour." Perhaps the jet was an Airbus, in which case she can claim that it was indeed a bus tour.
Outstanding, I wouldn't pass on a plane ride either. That is the essance of being Alaskan!

So what is your favorate ride? A Camel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska