Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 07:06 PM

4,988 posts, read 9,955,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre79 View Post
What in the world are you guys even basing these assertions on? If you don't know the first thing about modeling, how would you know how the model is built or how well it fits a dataset?.
You are correct, the world is too complicated and fields too specialized for everyone to be an expert in every area of human knowledge. That's why we have experts to begin with, in this case scientists and climatologists. Now we find out these "experts" have been less than honest with us. Why would you think people would now not be skeptical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre79 View Post
Consider those rhetorical questions, by the way. I have absolutely no interest in pursuing a discussion on a technical subject with people who don't even think they need to know anything about the subject in order to form their opinions.
So, rather than assuming everyone is to stupid to understand this, why not trying to enlighten us. What was that discussion we were having about elitists in that other thread...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 07:32 PM

109 posts, read 333,542 times
that polar bear video is extreamly disturbing! not the greenhouse gas part, the watching bears slam into things and spraying blood everywhere part! i hope peta doesn't see that video, they may start pushing people out of planes saying " if its ok to do to bears it ok to do to humans, then they'll make a video of pushing people out of planes!"

Old 11-24-2009, 07:59 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,348,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmountain View Post

Okay, I am now dumber for having watched that.

and a bit freaked at the image of the mind that thought it would be a good idea..........

Old 11-24-2009, 08:10 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,367,914 times
Now this makes sense. I've been looking after MIL since she had outpatient surgery on her foot. In the doctor's office today for follow-up, two other women were also sitting there waiting for the doctor. One was saying how horrified she was of the video of polar bears being thrown out of a plane. I thought "hmmm, I'll just keep reading my magazine here" since I had not seen the video and the woman she was talking to looked at her like she had no idea what she was talking about. So she made sense after all. Didn't like the video needless to say.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:22 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,356,643 times
AK (pat, bound and varmit) was it just me or did you not even note what organization put this out because of the horror of the bears.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykat View Post
AK (pat, bound and varmit) was it just me or did you not even note what organization put this out because of the horror of the bears.
I only noted at the very end of it there was "planestupid.com" - I'm gonna look at the website.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:30 PM

Ok they are a network of grassroot groups that feel there are too many planes flying and the government is doing nothing about it..they want to end short haul flights & airport expansion; stop aviation from advertising and want a just transition to sustainable jobs and transport and naturally there was a link to donate...hmmmm.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:45 PM

471 posts, read 1,320,136 times
Ok, so al gore is throwing polar bears out of planes over europe because they hacked his email?
Is that right?

Old 11-24-2009, 09:03 PM

400 posts, read 463,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akvarmit View Post
Okay, I am now dumber for having watched that.

and a bit freaked at the image of the mind that thought it would be a good idea..........
I'm not freaked out, because I'm intelligent enough to recognize it is all video enhanced. I do agree with you about what kind of mind would actually post such drivel.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:35 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,160,069 times
I found the video to be, well, stupid. It meant nothing to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska