Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 06:39 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,032,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajadrmin View Post
Anyone know where I can watch the game tomorrow night around here?
"the game"? You mean the Palmer High School Basketball game?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 07:11 PM

164 posts, read 328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post
"the game"? You mean the Palmer High School Basketball game?
Ummm... no... actually think I am already missing the game since I forgot about the time difference... oh well it probably won't be pretty anyway...

Old 12-10-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyoness View Post
Yeah, you made it! Keep us up to date on how you like it!
I am having a great time, the view is beyond any words I know, I am happy just chillin here at the cabin. Akvarmit took me out to Hatchers Pass today (thanks again Ak I had the best time I really appreciate you taking the time!!) to hike and it was wonderful!! And I have to say I am really proud of myself for going as far as I did considering how out of shape I am. tomorrow I will go out and explore something else new, got my mile post so I think I will just close my eyes and pick something. Best part of this whole trip so far is just that I am not on the clock and if I don't want to do anything but lounge around this lovely cabin in my jammas drinkin coffee and baileys and starin out at the view then well damnit thats what I am going to do!!! Love this place, I have not been this relaxed and content in a loooong time! Thanks Alaska!

Old 12-10-2009, 09:08 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,778,847 times
I'm so happy for you! It has been my experience wherever I went to many places all over, that people I've met were always helpful and friendly. Don't overdo on that jammas coffee and baileys! That's not why you traveled so far! Every hour counts.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:14 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,943,662 times
Pick up the local paper and maybe sqeeze in a little job hunting (so you don't have to go back)

Old 12-10-2009, 09:15 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,848,232 times
Quote:
I am having a great time, the view is beyond any words I know, I am happy just chillin here at the cabin. Akvarmit took me out to Hatchers Pass today (thanks again Ak I had the best time I really appreciate you taking the time!!) to hike and it was wonderful!! And I have to say I am really proud of myself for going as far as I did considering how out of shape I am. tomorrow I will go out and explore something else new, got my mile post so I think I will just close my eyes and pick something. Best part of this whole trip so far is just that I am not on the clock and if I don't want to do anything but lounge around this lovely cabin in my jammas drinkin coffee and baileys and starin out at the view then well damnit thats what I am going to do!!! Love this place, I have not been this relaxed and content in a loooong time! Thanks Alaska!
I have tears reading this...Thanks Dawn How did you like the doggies...Sophie is so gorgeous And Lightning is queen...

Old 12-10-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
I have tears reading this...Thanks Dawn How did you like the doggies...Sophie is so gorgeous And Lightning is queen...
I didn't get to meet Lightning , but Sophie is a doll!! Got some good picks of her playin in the snow! Made me miss my boys at home a lot! I have to say I have not met many people here yet but the ones I have have been the best!! Couldn't have had a better tour guide today! BUT she wore me OUT!! Bed is comin early tonight!

Old 12-10-2009, 10:48 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,364,392 times
Quote:
I didn't get to meet Lightning , but Sophie is a doll!! Got some good picks of her playin in the snow! Made me miss my boys at home a lot! I have to say I have not met many people here yet but the ones I have have been the best!! Couldn't have had a better tour guide today! BUT she wore me OUT!! Bed is comin early tonight!
You are very welcome I had fun, too! I'm looking forward to seeing how your plans come together, and maybe we'll be hiking that area again together...who knows! Enjoy the rest of your trip and keep us posted!
Dawn

Old 12-10-2009, 10:50 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,364,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
I have tears reading this...Thanks Dawn
Hey Deb and Lyoness, WE know how much fun it can be meeting folks on this forum We may not see each other often, but we share the same land in our hearts....

Old 12-10-2009, 10:54 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,123,667 times
Dawn, make sure she makes it up to Mile 49.5 Roadside Inn for a great breakfast or dinner!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska