Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 12:57 PM

26,536 posts, read 36,426,358 times

Advertisements

Anyone know anything about these? We were talking the other day about leveling the trailer park and putting in some of these and renting them out to sports fishermen. We get them asking all the time about accommodations. I like these because we'd be sticking close to our trailer park roots and they're kinda cute:

Tumbleweed Houses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 01:05 PM

7,437 posts, read 5,698,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Anyone know anything about these? We were talking the other day about leveling the trailer park and putting in some of these and renting them out to sports fishermen. We get them asking all the time about accommodations. I like these because we'd be sticking close to our trailer park roots and they're kinda cute:

Tumbleweed Houses
Tell you what Met, I am a partner in general construction company. We are lisc, bonded and insured. If you decide to get these shoot me a pm..

$49,000 for this?? Tumbleweed Weebee

I,ll do it for $30,000 and ship it to you... FREE

Old 01-17-2010, 01:20 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,787,703 times
We have quite a number of very crafty carpenters at Prince of Wales, and around Craig, that could turn some of those out at far less...especially if ya wanted to do more than one from the same plans

Old 01-17-2010, 01:29 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,930,965 times
OMG I love it!! I could build one and haul it up behind my car. Solves shipping up your belongings and finding a rental all in one shot! Plus you would save in hotel and resturant costs on the trip up.......god I must really be bored to sit & figure out a way to make that work for me LOL!

Old 01-17-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Tell you what Met, I am a partner in general construction company. We are lisc, bonded and insured. If you decide to get these shoot me a pm..

Sounds good; it's a couple of years down the road though. Could start with one and see how it flies. Last season the lodges were down in occupancy around 25 percent; on the other hand there did seem to be interest in independent lodging. Ideally we'd have someone put it up right on property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
We have quite a number of very crafty carpenters at Prince of Wales, and around Craig, that could turn some of those out at far less...especially if ya wanted to do more than one of the same design

Please name a couple that can show up to work sober on a regular basis. (And I'm sure that if you find one we can fix that right up too).

Old 01-17-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyoness View Post
OMG I love it!! I could build one and haul it up behind my car. Solves shipping up your belongings and finding a rental all in one shot! Plus you would save in hotel and resturant costs on the trip up.......god I must really be bored to sit & figure out a way to make that work for me LOL!
Yeah then I could put your ass to work about an hour after you get off the ferry.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:01 PM

6,992 posts, read 12,668,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post

dang...how come your not down on the Kenai??? need my driveway and area cleared for the house this summer and builder for next summer!!!

Old 01-17-2010, 03:10 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,930,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yeah then I could put your ass to work about an hour after you get off the ferry.
sounds like a plan!! Here we have a huge sporting goods store called Cabellas (not sure if they have them everywhere). But out in front they sell these small log cabins, for hunters mostly I would guess. One room, separate bed & bath, could probably fit in my living room here. Everyone thinks I'm daft because I keep saying that is all I want, up in the mountains somewhere. Who wants all the cleaning and upkeep of a big place when there is so much to do outside!! I must be daft!

Old 01-17-2010, 03:13 PM

6,992 posts, read 12,668,204 times
Quote:
sounds like a plan!! Here we have a huge sporting goods store called Cabellas (not sure if they have them everywhere). But out in front they sell these small log cabins, for hunters mostly I would guess. One room, separate bed & bath, could probably fit in my living room here. Everyone thinks I'm daft because I keep saying that is all I want, up in the mountains somewhere. Who wants all the cleaning and upkeep of a big place when there is so much to do outside!! I must be daft!
nope not daft at all sweetie!!! keep the dream of having that in Alaska!!

Old 01-17-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Not really, no. When the offspring flew the coop for Europe/college, I was glad to unload the big old drafty house for smaller spaces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska