Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 11:00 PM

355 posts, read 813,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
What this thread is about you changed with this post, things turn, and I doubt 98% of the black American vote got him in....when did that many black Americans vote....and your colors are coming out in your posts...will you fit in...figure it out, I doubt you will hide behind your badge, with your attitude long in AK...you can't handle a fast food confrontation.. goal...not to be biased....
I'm not biased granny, just merely stating the fact that was all over the news. Again, you twist my words like Met has and decide to comment on part of my post. With the black folks I included those who are one welfare, and simply minded youth who are clueless to the way the word really works. So please point out where I am biased please?

If Alaska is full of people who think like you and some of the others in here, then I think I might be better off staying in Oklahoma. Fortunately for me I've had some good folks, several folks in fact already reach out to me and warn me about a few individuals in here who thought only their opinion was right. I'm also smart enough to see that there is really only 3-4 people here that are getting offended and uptight. I wonder why??? Maybe because they're liberal democrats who get their panties all wound up when someone doesn't walk or talk just like them?

As for you last statement about a fast food confrontation.....where I come from if you spit in an officers or anyones food and it can be proven your going to go to jail for assault! At the very least your going to be taught respect through a butt kickin which the spitter deserves whole heartedly.

Of course I live in the south, and not the north....we stand up for whats right and don't get pushed around.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:04 PM

355 posts, read 813,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Percentage-wise, more Black Americans registered to vote in the last election than any other in history. How they actually voted is a private matter and something we have no real way of knowing. By the same token, voter registration was up significantly among Caucasians. I think it's plausible that those who voted with primarily racially based motives rather canceled each other out.

I find it somewhat troubling here that some posters have lumped Black Americans in with welfare recipients. Most welfare recipients are white females with an average of two children.
Met it is not a private matter...it is a fact that 98% of Black Americans voted for Obama. Did you not see it on CNN? Alot of whites voted for obama too....especially people my age. As I have said three or four times now.....the fact that he was black helped him win, and the welfare cases, plus simple minded youth my age.....actually in the 18-25 category.

Come on now, it's not that hard to understand is it? I'm just arguing the election breakdowns that we all saw on CNN, MSNBC, local news, etc.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:20 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,472,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicBear View Post
Here it is:

FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.

I've been reading your posts ever since I showed up on Alaska CD, and I'd have a hard time finding a person who makes more baseless assertions than you, Starlite9. I could spend hours on end poking holes in things you say, but it's not worth my time.

It's already been proven that Obama is a legal citizen. All of the information has been presented to all of the right people, and that's it. There is no issue, except for a handful of crazies perpetuating a myth. Even the Repubs dismiss the "birthers" as nut cases. That should tell you something.
Well thanks for posting that, now I have a question for you...

On the bottom left side of the "Birth Certificate" is the word "Laser", in 1961, that term is a "Buck Rogers" term, the average person would have never seen or heard of that outside of comic books. Now days, that is a common term, people have laser printers, pens and the list goes on... Point is this is not a "Birth Certificate" it is a statement of "Certificate of Birth" issued in 2007, which is a far cry from 1961.

There is no Doctor's name on it, and on my cert which was issued way before then, there is the Doctors name as well as on my kids birth cert born well after... as well as the hospital, why isn't it listed there?

Just affixing a seal on a document doesn't make it legal until there is a signature of the official certifying it. Having a guy stamp it in 2007 isn't the same thing.

Your thought?

This this is a copy of the "period" Birth Certificates that Hawaii issued during that time frame, and is not even close to what is being shown as a valid "copy", and the "Raised" stamp of the original as they claimed, the raised stamp on what is suppose to be the back of the original copy in Chicago is much different than this one here. Note that in 1961, they did not use "1961" but "61" as the official birth cert number and this was dated at the bottom in 1966, but on the "New" copy, it lists 1961 which would make a mess of trying to track certificate numbers over the years when officials would try to track something.

Seeing a copy of a statement is no substitute for seeing the real thing. It seems strange that Obama would need to go to Hawaii to get a copy of his birth Certificate when he clearly is in (as claimed) possession of the original, all he had to do is go get a certified copy made from the Illinois Court system and that would be the "real" copy, not one that may or may not be a copy of the original.

Lastly, they claim there was a newspaper copy announcing his birth in Hawaii, that proves nothing, when my kids were born in Alaska, my wife's parents posted it in the Ohio newspaper to announce that as well, they used their address as too. Proud parents and grand parents do that kind of stuff...

Needless to say, the site you provided was very interesting, but really proved nothing. Had I wish to prove that point, I suppose I could come up with the same documents and make the same claims.

Sorry you don't like my posts.... Put me on ignore

Old 01-25-2010, 11:21 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,745,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawman_Kyle View Post
I'm not biased granny, just merely stating the fact that was all over the news. Again, you twist my words like Met has and decide to comment on part of my post. With the black folks I included those who are one welfare, and simply minded youth who are clueless to the way the word really works. So please point out where I am biased please?

If Alaska is full of people who think like you and some of the others in here, then I think I might be better off staying in Oklahoma. Fortunately for me I've had some good folks, several folks in fact already reach out to me and warn me about a few individuals in here who thought only their opinion was right. I'm also smart enough to see that there is really only 3-4 people here that are getting offended and uptight. I wonder why??? Maybe because they're liberal democrats who get their panties all wound up when someone doesn't walk or talk just like them?

As for you last statement about a fast food confrontation.....where I come from if you spit in an officers or anyones food and it can be proven your going to go to jail for assault! At the very least your going to be taught respect through a butt kickin which the spitter deserves whole heartedly.

Of course I live in the south, and not the north....we stand up for whats right and don't get pushed around.

Since when are cops allowed to do a butt-kickin at will? and where? If the food spittin if justified, where is the full story, your job to get that, maybe the spittee had it coming, but I don't feel it's justified regardless, but not my job to get the full story. Maybe in the south you get away with that, by the way how do you feel about Natives, since you are relocating from Okalahoma, hardly the south?

Old 01-25-2010, 11:22 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,777,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Well, if we keep putting each other on "ignore" here, we'll soon all be yapping to ourselves.
Just 3.......no loss

Old 01-25-2010, 11:24 PM

26,476 posts, read 36,301,263 times
Quote:

Tell me where I've twisted your words. I'm merely responding to what you've posted and I have been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Why are you assuming that all black people are looking for a handout? Why do you lump them in with welfare recipients?

We don't get pushed around in the North either...that's something you'll find out rather quickly should you land a job as a rookie trooper in rural Alaska.

As far as anyone spitting in your food, as I have already explained to you, the chances of that happening here is very small, and I'll personally deal with anyone who does such a thing on my island. You seem to be a bit fixated on the extremely low possibility of such a thing happening. Maybe that's a good part of the reason why many local businesspeople don't want the troopers around. We have better things to do than deal with trumped up paranoia.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:24 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,745,965 times
Quote:
Met it is not a private matter...it is a fact that 98% of Black Americans voted for Obama. Did you not see it on CNN? Alot of whites voted for obama too....especially people my age. As I have said three or four times now.....the fact that he was black helped him win, and the welfare cases, plus simple minded youth my age.....actually in the 18-25 category.

Come on now, it's not that hard to understand is it? I'm just arguing the election breakdowns that we all saw on CNN, MSNBC, local news, etc.
What is simple minded meant to mean in that statement in your world?

Old 01-25-2010, 11:25 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,472,294 times
Quote:

As for you last statement about a fast food confrontation.....where I come from if you spit in an officers or anyones food and it can be proven your going to go to jail for assault!
Happens here too.

Few years back at the town of North Pole, a State Trooper saw one of they guys putting his hamburger together spit in it. He took the sample of the spit as evidence and the DNA matched, the kid was arrested and the hamburger joint got shut down for a number of years before it opened back up.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:33 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,249,014 times
I see we have a birther movement here on C-D Alaska. Birthers are simply racists-lite. It ain't cool to be racist anymore so what do you do? You question the antecedents of the first non-white man to be elected President.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:34 PM

26,476 posts, read 36,301,263 times
Quote:

So...98% of 13% percent of the voting population voted for Obama, according to the "news". According to the same news, those votes were canceled out by white voters.

And?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska