Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2010, 06:03 PM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
It gets even better. As of today MediCare payments to doctors will be cut by 21%. So the number of doctors who refuse to see MediCare patients will increase significantly in the very near future.

AMA - Federal Legislative Activities on Medicare (http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/advocacy/current-topics-advocacy/practice-management/medicare-physician-payment-reform-regulatory-relief/federal-legislative-activities-medicare.shtml - broken link)
Which means doctors will get paid forty cents on the dollar and for that the paperwork is hideous.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:05 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
You aren't talking about the bill in Congress I hope? For even the Democrats admit that over 30 million Americans WILL REMAIN UNINSURED. Just as they are now

Old 03-21-2010, 06:21 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You aren't talking about the bill in Congress I hope? For even the Democrats admit that over 30 million Americans WILL REMAIN UNINSURED. Just as they are now
According to what I have been reading on the news lately, if the healthcare bill passes, several $-billions will be cut from Medicare. We just don't have the money to pay for the proposed healthcare bill, since the budget deficit has increased around 2-trillion already. That's why any healthcare that passes in Congress will take several years to implement. Meanwhile, every tax-paying American will be paying for it ahead of time, much like putting an automobile in "lay-away" for a few years before one can drive it out of the dealer's parking lot.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:24 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
According to what I have been reading on the news lately, if the healthcare bill passes, several $-billions will be cut from Medicare. We just don't have the money to pay for the proposed healthcare bill, since the budget deficit has increased around 2-trillion already. That's why any healthcare that passes in Congress will take several years to implement. Meanwhile, every tax-paying American will be paying for it ahead of time, much like putting an automobile in "lay-away" for a few years before one can drive it out of the dealer's parking lot.
Meanwhile - more and more Medicare patients are losing their physicans

Old 03-21-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
This bill will provide coverage to innocent women men and children who can't see a doctor.

This bill will pay for dental and eye services which are currently excluded by medicare.

If you gets sick this bill prevents the insurance company from canceling your coverage.

If you cannot get any coverage this bill will set up a system where you can pay for insurance.

Tell me if you will how these facts are bad for America.
No. This bill will force all Americans, legal or illegal, to buy healthcare coverage, wanted or not. The IRS will make sure that that the person includes health coverage in his or her tax statements, and will penalize those who have decided not to buy health coverage. Who do you think will pay for health coverage for "innocent women, men, and children" on US soil (including innocent illegal-alien women, men, and children?) I can only assume that your answer is, "the government will pay for it"

But that's not the case. If this bill passes, every working and tax paying American will pay for it.
-------

Old 03-21-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Meanwhile - more and more Medicare patients are losing their physicans
That's true, and the reason why is because the Federal Government is not paying the total amount for the service provided by the doctor or hospital.

Now, after understanding that the government won't pay the bill for Medicare, do we want the same government to control our healthcare?

Old 03-21-2010, 07:05 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
No. This bill will force all Americans, legal or illegal, to buy healthcare coverage, wanted or not. The IRS will make sure that that the person includes health coverage in his or her tax statements, and will penalize those who have decided not to buy health coverage. Who do you think will pay for health coverage for "innocent women, men, and children" on US soil (including innocent illegal-alien women, men, and children?) I can only assume that your answer is, "the government will pay for it"

But that's not the case. If this bill passes, every working and tax paying American will pay for it.
-------

You did not answer my question.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
You did not answer my question.
What question did you ask me?

Old 03-21-2010, 08:26 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
On to the next subject Ray.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:00 PM

OK lest see:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD
This bill will provide coverage to innocent women men and children who can't see a doctor.

This bill will pay for dental and eye services which are currently excluded by medicare.

If you gets sick this bill prevents the insurance company from canceling your coverage.

If you cannot get any coverage this bill will set up a system where you can pay for insurance.

Tell me if you will how these facts are bad for America.
Why would anybody in his right mind come-up with socialized medicine (the healthcare bill) just to correct problems with Medicare, healthcare insurance, and such?

Medicare is already there, so all the government has to do is to cover the cost of eye and dental care for Medicare recipients, without having the usurp and screw-up 1/6th of the US economy.

No hospital can deny emergency care to anybody: legal alien, US citizen, illegal alien and their children, and so forth. No hospital (or ambulance providers) can deny ambulance service and patient care to anybody, and the ambulance service provider can't decide if the patient is under an emergency condition if so called by the patient, a parent, or a guardian of the patient. Any of these services are being paid by every working and tax-paying American in the form of taxes, and the Federal Government is taking this money to subsidize the hospital or ambulance provider through the State.

Again, why having to create socialized medicine to prevent the insurance company from canceling your coverage? Why not creating a bill just for this purpose?
---------
Well, all of this is a mute point since the healthcare bill passed already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska