Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 08:45 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
That is a pretty pic Ray. Nice to know we can all get along sincerely.

I am going to work today and thinking how when I retire the ER will be less full of people who don't have money food or health insurance. At least they will have one of the three. Time will tell......
It's going to be real hard for the States as you can read below:
States Sue Over Overhaul That Will Bust State Budgets (Update2) - Bloomberg.com

Today, with a national eleven percent unemployment rate (much higher at State level) is not the best time to create such a mess. Instead, Obama should be creating jobs. To accomplish such, what our leaders need to do is the following:

1. Oil production, drilling, etc., and stockpiling
2. Mining
3. Industry (steel, copper, aluminum, and so forth)
4. Build oil refineries, and small IV generation nuclear plants
5. Tax breaks across the board, to include even lower taxes for American and foreign companies on US soil (money not flowing to the same companies overseas, just to be used on US soil)
6. Stop frivolous lawsuits, or limit them to $250,000 like it was done in CA.

That said, this is what will happen to a lot of cities throughout the US if we continue as a service and consuming economy:
http://wcbstv.com/local/nyc.budget.cuts.2.1583545.html (broken link)

Last edited by RayinAK; 03-23-2010 at 08:59 PM..

Old 03-23-2010, 10:07 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
That post gives dog and pony show a bad name Ray. You conveniently forget that the people who the new law protects are children and families. How you do that I am not sure as the people that I see are hurting. In any case it is a done deal and you my friend are out of time.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:34 PM

400 posts, read 469,127 times
Congradulations you guys on the signing of the new health care bill. It's a great day for Americans getting this health care bill. Your next step to acknowledging yourself as a country, undivided, and looking after one another. You should be proud of your govt. I listened to your presidents speech today and you all should be extremely happy. What a great step forward for the U.S. You're stats on healthcare world wide, and where you will stand, and looking after your citizens just went up! I feel very good about all the people that have been turned away from being able to see a Doctor, Surgeon, or whatever, Dentists, Optometrists.

This thread about doctors not accepting Medicare is done. Congrats!!

Old 03-23-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyear View Post
Congradulations you guys on the signing of the new health care bill. It's a great day for Americans getting this health care bill. Your next step to acknowledging yourself as a country, undivided, and looking after one another. You should be proud of your govt. I listened to your presidents speech today and you all should be extremely happy. What a great step forward for the U.S. You're stats on healthcare world wide, and where you will stand, and looking after your citizens just went up! I feel very good about all the people that have been turned away from being able to see a Doctor, Surgeon, or whatever, Dentists, Optometrists.

This thread about doctors not accepting Medicare is done. Congrats!!
Maybe in four years you will see all of those things? Specifically, in January after the elections.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:45 PM

According to your President, it is all happening this year. Did you take the time to listen to what he actually said? For heavens sakes, I live in Canada and I listened to his speech today. For it to actually take effect, I would hope that this govt. is going to push it fast. I guess that is up for discussion in the coming months.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
According to your President, it is all happening this year. Did you take the time to listen to what he actually said? For heavens sakes, I live in Canada and I listened to his speech today. For it to actually take effect, I would hope that this govt. is going to push it fast. I guess that is up for discussion in the coming months.
I work for a living. Didn't have the time to listen. But not, it won't be very fast, because we don't have the money to implement it. But the Democrats are speaking of ten immediate benefits. The question is: where is the money coming from to pay for these?
http://healthcare.nationalreview.com...E2NjljNzE2M2Y=

Old 03-24-2010, 12:20 AM

941 posts, read 1,792,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Maybe in four years you will see all of those things? Specifically, in January after the elections.
Ray now that the Act has been passed by both houses of Congress and signed by the President of these United States it is time to wrap it up and admit the law is now in effect. Your dream that it will be either overturned by the SCOTUS or will be repealed is probably never going to happen. Like Social Security, Medicare, and many other laws that benefit ALL Americans it will take its place as another show of empathy by this great Country for the less fortunate among us. You can refuse your Social Security when you are old enough, You can refuse to sign up for Medicare when the time arrives that you are old enough for that, but no matter what you do it is there for you if you need it. Your attitude and inability to raise any issues on your own is obvious to all who read your comments. When others point to issues that are factual you don't even show any awareness that they have made a point and keep referencing words of those who you like to think know all there is to know. That millions have not been able to receive medical care and died because we as a People failed to provide that care doesn't paint your position in a good light. Just because someone says something doesn't make those words true. Now is time to read what the Act does and when each part goes into effect. Just think insurance companies can no longer refuse care because of what they have called "PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS which has condemned millions to less care than they needed. Well friend I'm proud to be an American today because at my advanced age I can see hope for those who don't have the financial assets I have to receive the care I'm capable of paying for. For once display some of that Compassionate Conservatism that Dubya said you people had such an abundance of. It might even make you feel good to know we as a people care enough to be the best we can be.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:23 AM

Your link doesn't tell me anything, seriously!

I too work for a living. But by your statement of saying that "I work for a living" permiates that you feel that there are people that don't work for a living and therefore do not and should not have the benefit of healthcare. We are all human beings on this earth, working and doing whatever we can to put forth. But when it comes down to our fellow man, and being human we should think about the less fortunate so that they may have the same as to what we "so called workiing people" have in the advantage of getting proper health care, and not having to deal with living or dieing. Until you have a loved one that is up against not having health care you can't judge this bill. I truly feel that the people of the United States are not working with each other, it seems you are still so divided. I watched that video that notreesinisland showed, and it really shows the ignorance and uneducated people of the U.S. Ray, you may feel strongly about what you are and what you represent but times are changing. I don't know your life, I don't know if you have children even. It isn't going to affect you most likely in your taxes.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
Ray now that the Act has been passed by both houses of Congress and signed by the President of these United States it is time to wrap it up and admit the law is now in effect. Your dream that it will be either overturned by the SCOTUS or will be repealed is probably never going to happen. Like Social Security, Medicare, and many other laws that benefit ALL Americans it will take its place as another show of empathy by this great Country for the less fortunate among us. You can refuse your Social Security when you are old enough, You can refuse to sign up for Medicare when the time arrives that you are old enough for that, but no matter what you do it is there for you if you need it. Your attitude and inability to raise any issues on your own is obvious to all who read your comments. When others point to issues that are factual you don't even show any awareness that they have made a point and keep referencing words of those who you like to think know all there is to know. That millions have not been able to receive medical care and died because we as a People failed to provide that care doesn't paint your position in a good light. Just because someone says something doesn't make those words true. Now is time to read what the Act does and when each part goes into effect. Just think insurance companies can no longer refuse care because of what they have called "PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS which has condemned millions to less care than they needed. Well friend I'm proud to be an American today because at my advanced age I can see hope for those who don't have the financial assets I have to receive the care I'm capable of paying for. For once display some of that Compassionate Conservatism that Dubya said you people had such an abundance of. It might even make you feel good to know we as a people care enough to be the best we can be.
I agree with you. Obamacare cannot be repealed unless the Republicans gain a majority in Congress. All the States can do is to challenge Obamacare in court as they have already done, but these litigations will take several years.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Your link doesn't tell me anything, seriously!

I too work for a living. But by your statement of saying that "I work for a living" permiates that you feel that there are people that don't work for a living and therefore do not and should not have the benefit of healthcare. We are all human beings on this earth, working and doing whatever we can to put forth. But when it comes down to our fellow man, and being human we should think about the less fortunate so that they may have the same as to what we "so called workiing people" have in the advantage of getting proper health care, and not having to deal with living or dieing. Until you have a loved one that is up against not having health care you can't judge this bill. I truly feel that the people of the United States are not working with each other, it seems you are still so divided. I watched that video that notreesinisland showed, and it really shows the ignorance and uneducated people of the U.S. Ray, you may feel strongly about what you are and what you represent but times are changing. I don't know your life, I don't know if you have children even. It isn't going to affect you most likely in your taxes.
It doesn't? All depends on what you want to read. For example the ten immediate rules are listed one by one. If you don't want to read the opposing view, you still can read the rules. And please spare me the BS about the unfortunate and such. I wasn't even born here and already know about misfortune, poverty, and all that crap. We already have the best healthcare in the world. Why do you think that people from around the world travel to the US for medical care?

And yes, it will affect every working and tax-paying American. The money does not come from the government, but from the people. And the same can be said for your healthcare in Canada. It's the tax payers who pay for it, not the government. While I will be paying for it for the next seven years, at which time I plan to retire for a second time, it will affect my children, and theirs for years to come. The US is in the brink of an economic collapse, and to make matters worst there is a high rate of unemployment.

Last edited by RayinAK; 03-24-2010 at 12:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska