Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 09:27 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,016,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
You remind me of the Iraqi Information Minister (Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf) denying that the US had invaded.
It's almost laughable that for 8 years, all we heard from these partisan hacks is how Bush and company were bankrupting our country, stealing our future, wasting our national treasure. Now someone from their "team" gets in, spends twice as much in only the first year, and suddenly "everything is A-OK". "Just look at the DJIA".

Sadly, to them it's just a game.

Like I said, almost laughable - if it wasn't so serious.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:17 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,267,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
It's almost laughable that for 8 years, all we heard from these partisan hacks is how Bush and company were bankrupting our country, stealing our future, wasting our national treasure.
Check on all three counts.

Quote:
Now someone from their "team" gets in, spends twice as much in only the first year, and suddenly "everything is A-OK". "Just look at the DJIA".

Sadly, to them it's just a game.

Like I said, almost laughable - if it wasn't so serious.
Yeah, first fratboy Dubya and his cabal comes in and defecate all over the country. Now Obama tries to fix it and the conservatives whine, "Oh no, look he is spending all that money on the clean up." Sweeeeet.

By the way, another Republican talking point bites the dust -

Delays and Delays (Not Tom) - Paul Krugman Blog - NYTimes.com

Old 03-26-2010, 10:29 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Are you certain about it? Have you even thought how long and hard seniors over age of 60 have worked in their lives and paid taxes (including S.S. Taxes)? They may be dependent of the government, but in reality these people are being returned a portion of the money they have put into government programs for a lot of years. Can you imagine if these people were allowed to invest the money instead of paying S.S. and other taxes? So, by the age of 65 they can receive some of the S.S. money they have put into it for several decades, and a few years later they die, never receiving but a portion of what they paid to S.S.

Seniors who are against the health care bill certainly have no problems with getting their SS check every month -- on time, and w/o delay. Same goes for their Medicare coverage -- its there when they need it.

Most seniors today will receive far more from SS than what they put in. And I don't believe for a minute the majority of people would have invested the money they paid into SS if given the opportunity. Americans, by and large, aren't noted for having good savings habits.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Yeah, first fratboy Dubya and his cabal comes in and defecate all over the country. Now Obama tries to fix it and the conservatives whine, "Oh no, look he is spending all that money on the clean up." Sweeeeet.

By the way, another Republican talking point bites the dust -

Delays and Delays (Not Tom) - Paul Krugman Blog - NYTimes.com
Like I said, you have exactly 0.0% credibility on this issue. Your blind devotion to your Dear Leader prevents you from even considering the fact that this current administration is not just a continuation of the ruinous policies of the past, but an actual acceleration.

And even your false god Krugman, the economic witch-doctor, has now planted his foot firmly in his own mouth. Instead of trying in vain to interperate the CBO, maybe he should just quote them instead. Economics is obviously way too complicated for him.

CBO report: Debt will rise to 90% of GDP - Washington Times

Old 03-26-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Seniors who are against the health care bill certainly have no problems with getting their SS check every month -- on time, and w/o delay. Same goes for their Medicare coverage -- its there when they need it.

Most seniors today will receive far more from SS than what they put in. And I don't believe for a minute the majority of people would have invested the money they paid into SS if given the opportunity. Americans, by and large, aren't noted for having good savings habits.
Once they actually see how the bill is going to benefit them, they will change their view. You have to appreciate that it is extremely easy to scare seniors, and with the fear-mongering over the past 12 months by Fox and their underlings (aka Republicans), I am not surprised at the way the seniors currently feel.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Like I said, you have exactly 0.0% credibility on this issue.
Oh no. Life's over for me now. I now declare Dubya to be the greatest prez in American history. I have seen the light of day thanks to Moose's iron clad evidence (which, by the way, is still highly classified and not visible to the naked eye).

Old 03-26-2010, 10:40 AM

Virtually every rightwing talking point about the health care bill has been shown to be bunk. But hey, if it sinks your boat, far be it from me to stand in your way.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:44 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Krugman's article on the Republicans in the hood is a telling tale of what happens when men worship control over all else. Gone barking mad.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:46 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times
Quote:
Once they actually see how the bill is going to benefit them, they will change their view. You have to appreciate that it is extremely easy to scare seniors, and with the fear-mongering over the past 12 months by Fox and their underlings (aka Republicans), I am not surprised at the way the seniors currently feel.

And it is senior citizens who comprise the majority of FOX News viewers. And FOX News is very good at scaring the bejesus out of their audience.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Krugman's article on the Republicans in the hood is a telling tale of what happens when men worship control over all else. Gone barking mad.
Quote:
Virtually every rightwing talking point about the health care bill has been shown to be bunk. But hey, if it sinks your boat, far be it from me to stand in your way.
Still can't put together a rational argument with actual facts...you are so predictable...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska