Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2010, 01:48 AM

400 posts, read 463,984 times

Advertisements

Well first of all the U.S. doesn't have the best healthcare, look it up sherlock. The U.S. doesn't stand very high on the best healthcare within the world and how they look after their people. It's quite sad actually.

When you speak so down about the unfortunate, then I recognize that there isn't any hope for such people like yourself.

Tell me, what kind of people travel to the U.S. for healthcare? Canadians? Sure, why not, I'll tell you how that happens, Canadians with money(alot of money) will surpass the canadian health care to get something faster in the U.S. But you need to understand, these are canadians with money and want something done fast.

Now, as long as you are bringing that up, why is that Sarah Palin was running into Canada, from Alaska taking advantage of our healthcare system?

Old 03-24-2010, 02:16 AM

26,506 posts, read 36,360,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyear View Post
Well first of all the U.S. doesn't have the best healthcare, look it up sherlock. The U.S. doesn't stand very high on the best healthcare within the world and how they look after their people. It's quite sad actually.

When you speak so down about the unfortunate, then I recognize that there isn't any hope for such people like yourself.

Tell me, what kind of people travel to the U.S. for healthcare? Canadians? Sure, why not, I'll tell you how that happens, Canadians with money(alot of money) will surpass the canadian health care to get something faster in the U.S. But you need to understand, these are canadians with money and want something done fast.

Now, as long as you are bringing that up, why is that Sarah Palin was running into Canada, from Alaska taking advantage of our healthcare system?
Does the Canadian government pay for rehab? I believe that it does. Please look into that asap.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:45 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,251,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
It's going to be real hard for the States as you can read below:
States Sue Over Overhaul That Will Bust State Budgets (Update2) - Bloomberg.com

Today, with a national eleven percent unemployment rate (much higher at State level) is not the best time to create such a mess. Instead, Obama should be creating jobs. To accomplish such, what our leaders need to do is the following:

1. Oil production, drilling, etc., and stockpiling
2. Mining
3. Industry (steel, copper, aluminum, and so forth)
4. Build oil refineries, and small IV generation nuclear plants
5. Tax breaks across the board, to include even lower taxes for American and foreign companies on US soil (money not flowing to the same companies overseas, just to be used on US soil)
6. Stop frivolous lawsuits, or limit them to $250,000 like it was done in CA.

That said, this is what will happen to a lot of cities throughout the US if we continue as a service and consuming economy:
Massive Job Cuts To NYC Workforce Projected - wcbstv.com (http://wcbstv.com/local/nyc.budget.cuts.2.1583545.html - broken link)

Let us cut half the unnecessary military budget. Lots of savings to be had there. When it comes to the infrastructure for killing you guys have an infinite budget. When it comes to saving American lives at home, you guys turn into thrifty housewives.

Last edited by notreesininceland; 03-24-2010 at 04:20 AM..

Old 03-24-2010, 04:40 AM

400 posts, read 463,984 times
"Let us cut half the unnecessary military budget."

Especially in Alaska, there is absolutley no need for the military to be there anymore. The Cold War ended many many years ago. It's just a huge drag on the American economy.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:31 PM

20,830 posts, read 16,985,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
It doesn't? All depends on what you want to read. For example the ten immediate rules are listed one by one. If you don't want to read the opposing view, you still can read the rules. And please spare me the BS about the unfortunate and such. I wasn't even born here and already know about misfortune, poverty, and all that crap. We already have the best healthcare in the world. Why do you think that people from around the world travel to the US for medical care?

And yes, it will affect every working and tax-paying American. The money does not come from the government, but from the people. And the same can be said for your healthcare in Canada. It's the tax payers who pay for it, not the government. While I will be paying for it for the next seven years, at which time I plan to retire for a second time, it will affect my children, and theirs for years to come. The US is in the brink of an economic collapse, and to make matters worst there is a high rate of unemployment.

Ray this reminds me of spinning tires on ice. Richelles is right. done deal. move on my friend.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:55 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,844,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyear View Post
"Let us cut half the unnecessary military budget."

Especially in Alaska, there is absolutley no need for the military to be there anymore. The Cold War ended many many years ago. It's just a huge drag on the American economy.
That is not true, the military is able to benefit from the relatively open skies up here for training of all types, scientific research with cold weather testing, and monitoring of more than just one country. Not to mention that the military produces jobs for the private and public sector. Saying they are not needed here because the cold war is over is like saying, "Oh the police arrested the bad guys yesterday so we can leave our doors unlocked and walk around at 2 am, no one will hurt us now!". I don't care for us being in Iraq but that doesn't mean get rid of all of our military presence domestically.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:10 PM

941 posts, read 1,780,459 times
Ray ----I went back quite a way and read every link you provided. Everyone is someone's opinion about something they didn't know what it was going to eventually become. Now to me an OPINION is something everyone can have and has about as much value as the news about the last election's results. There is another ending to that saying but I'll let you supply that. It's too little too late now so we need to get on with the next thing in line.

This morning there is some discussion about removing the mortgage deduction from our tax system. Some are proposing a deduction for education costs instead of the present mortgage deduction. They (The ones with an opinion) are saying the mortgage deduction helps only the rich because the poor don't need that deduction (I'll let you furnish the needed reason). This is raising taxes, but only on the rich, since the poor don't use that deduction. I'd like to hear your opinion on that subject now that we no longer need to discuss a foregone conclusion on Universal Medical Care for all persons. The argument for a deduction for education costs is it provides a future value to our economy. But what about the foreigner who comes here for his education and then returns home and takes that education with him? How does that benefit us?

You can start the new thread

Last edited by richelles; 03-24-2010 at 02:06 PM..

Old 03-24-2010, 01:54 PM

Alaskans on Medicare should gain from health care reform: Health | adn.com

This is an unqualified win for seniors in the State of Alaska.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:08 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,251,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Alaskans on Medicare should gain from health care reform: Health | adn.com

This is an unqualified win for seniors in the State of Alaska.
According to that article 133,000 Alaskans do not have health insurance. That is, 1 in 5 Alaskans.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
According to that article 133,000 Alaskans do not have health insurance. That is, 1 in 5 Alaskans.
Key Point. by 2014 they will and the state will be IMO a better place with less crisis less drama and more consistent care for children men and women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska