Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2010, 02:58 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,382 times

Advertisements

Democratic Congressmen have now been targeted with death threats and other forms of intimidation. The gas line at the house of a Virginia Congressman's brother's home was slashed this morning (presumably the wrong house was targeted). Steny Hoyer said in a news conference that over 10 elected representatives have been threatened. There was reference to Sarah Palin's Facebook page where she put cross-hairs of guns on the states of Democratic Congressmen and used words like "Reload." Some of us always knew that she was a dirtbag. With this comes proof that she is worse - this is an inherently intolerant and bigoted creature.

Added: Here -

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_511433.html

Old 03-24-2010, 03:14 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
What these people want and desire more than anything is control. As no person any of us has control over many things we learn to adapt but these folks cannot and they take this rage out egged on by the people who see it as a sport.

It makes no difference what the issue itself. Any human is capable of this and it's good to be careful IMO.

This is a defining moment in history in my opinion. From the bombers of schools in Iraq to the monsters named the taliban preventing girls going to school to the people spitting on Congressmen and threatening them with death. They are all the same STUCK in control.

The thing so far that keeps it in check here is the rule of law, something that the current health care debate used to succeed. It is an ominous thing to watch and thank heaven that we live in a country where the rule of law is the rule.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:18 PM

Listen to the audio of the threats against Bart Stupak here -

Bart Stupak Received Threatening Messages for Health Care Vote (Listen) - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Old 03-24-2010, 07:13 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
What these people want and desire more than anything is control. As no person any of us has control over many things we learn to adapt but these folks cannot and they take this rage out egged on by the people who see it as a sport.

It makes no difference what the issue itself. Any human is capable of this and it's good to be careful IMO.

This is a defining moment in history in my opinion. From the bombers of schools in Iraq to the monsters named the taliban preventing girls going to school to the people spitting on Congressmen and threatening them with death. They are all the same STUCK in control.

The thing so far that keeps it in check here is the rule of law, something that the current health care debate used to succeed. It is an ominous thing to watch and thank heaven that we live in a country where the rule of law is the rule.
I believe that you got it backwards. Just listen to one of your leaders speak of control
Breitbart.tv » Shocking Audio: Rep. Dingell Says ObamaCare Will Eventually ‘Control the People’

Old 03-24-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyear View Post
Well first of all the U.S. doesn't have the best healthcare, look it up sherlock. The U.S. doesn't stand very high on the best healthcare within the world and how they look after their people. It's quite sad actually.

When you speak so down about the unfortunate, then I recognize that there isn't any hope for such people like yourself.

Tell me, what kind of people travel to the U.S. for healthcare? Canadians? Sure, why not, I'll tell you how that happens, Canadians with money(alot of money) will surpass the canadian health care to get something faster in the U.S. But you need to understand, these are canadians with money and want something done fast.

Now, as long as you are bringing that up, why is that Sarah Palin was running into Canada, from Alaska taking advantage of our healthcare system?
People from around the world travel to the US for healthcare, including a lot of Canadians. Even the head of one of your provinces traveled to Florida recently for heart surgery.

Re-read all of my posts and show me one single instance when I spoke against the unfortunate, and then blabber some more about it.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyear View Post
"Let us cut half the unnecessary military budget."

Especially in Alaska, there is absolutley no need for the military to be there anymore. The Cold War ended many many years ago. It's just a huge drag on the American economy.
Tell that to Obama and the Democrats. The Republicans are a minority in Congress.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Let us cut half the unnecessary military budget. Lots of savings to be had there. When it comes to the infrastructure for killing you guys have an infinite budget. When it comes to saving American lives at home, you guys turn into thrifty housewives.
Obama is the Commander in Chief now. What is he waiting for?

Old 03-24-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Ray this reminds me of spinning tires on ice. Richelles is right. done deal. move on my friend.
You just can't handle the truth?

Old 03-24-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
People from around the world travel to the US for healthcare, including a lot of Canadians. Even the head of one of your provinces traveled to Florida recently for heart surgery.
Yes, genius, those who are rich enough to travel to the US, do.

How come you don't tell us about the increasing number of Americans who are traveling to Thailand and India for heart surgeries, for knee replacements, etc because they can't afford it here? I bet Fox News didn't tell you that.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Tell that to Obama and the Democrats.
But you rightwingers will throw another hissy fit if he suggested paring the military budget. Ms Pee will put more targets on her Facebook page. You will claim Obama is destroying the military.

Quote:
The Republicans are a minority in Congress.
And thank God for that. May they become extinct!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska