Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 12:07 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times

Advertisements

I overheard that the census wants photographic evidence of everything. This could be the start of a tinfoil hat conspiracy that I accidentially stumbled upon at the Iditarod on Saturday. I had to take the pic. I couldn't afford to let this slip by. I am still wanting to hear back from the major news networks to see if they are gonna run with the story.

US Senator Begich and Murkowski are both in this photo. The others are probably CIA, Secret Service and undercover US Census Inspectors. Cept for the guy taking the pictures. As you can plainly see he works for the government. That's Begich in the royal blue jacket and Murkowski wearing the parka.

Then after they took the pic I followed them all the way down 4 Ave. to where they had a behind closed doors meeting.

Notice how they have the sidewalk roped and barricaded off. And then they hired extras to stand out in front so you couldn't see inside. This is cloak and dagger stuff. If Blockus was on here he could tie all the loose ends together.

Last edited by stiffnecked; 03-08-2010 at 01:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 10:20 AM

1,923 posts, read 4,715,922 times
Well, the man next to Begich is the Regional Director from Seattle.
The man in the Green coat with the black hat is our local census office manager.
The lady in the black coat hugging the musher is our Deputy Under-Secretary of Commerce from Washington.
I'm not sure who the other people are but I assume they are aids.

I guess it could be a conspiracy but I'm thinking more along the lines of getting some great "alaskan" pictures and a good photo op for publicity.

As far as I know the US Census has absolutely no plans to actually take pictures of anyone.

By the way, are you going to fill out your census form when it comes in the mail this month or are you going to make the Enumerators come to your house and help you fill out the form?

Old 03-08-2010, 10:34 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfamily6now View Post
Well, the man next to Begich is the Regional Director from Seattle.
The man in the Green coat with the black hat is our local census office manager.
The lady in the black coat hugging the musher is our Deputy Under-Secretary of Commerce from Washington.
I'm not sure who the other people are but I assume they are aids.

I guess it could be a conspiracy but I'm thinking more along the lines of getting some great "alaskan" pictures and a good photo op for publicity.

As far as I know the US Census has absolutely no plans to actually take pictures of anyone.

By the way, are you going to fill out your census form when it comes in the mail this month or are you going to make the Enumerators come to your house and help you fill out the form?
NO! I'm not giving them anything other then my name, rank and serial number. That's all they need to know. Thanks for pointing out the other people in the pic. I still think this is some kind of black op's thing.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:40 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,435,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
NO! I'm not giving them anything other then my name, rank and serial number. That's all they need to know. Thanks for pointing out the other people in the pic. I still think this is some kind of black op's thing.

It's my understanding that if their form is not filled out completely they will come to your home, and by not complying can have some serious consequences. However, I do agree all they should really need is a name and address and possibly how many live in the home. Seems to me all of the questions they ask are an invasion of privacy...but then oops, I forgot, we dont have any privacy anymore.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Well, you only need to give them your name and age and address, oh, and your race. No need to give them your serial number (which when I was in the Navy was our SSN. Is it still the same?)

The form is really simple. It's okay to be leery. I don't trust many aspects of the Government.

Did you know that all census workers are bound by law to not talk about ANY thing they get from the public? If they do, they are immediately fired, fined $5000 and can face jail time. This is in effect for their entire life or 72 years, which ever comes first. Even the lowly office clerk is subject to these rules.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:53 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
Quote:
Did you know that all census workers are bound by law to not talk about ANY thing they get from the public? If they do, they are immediately fired, fined $5000 and can face jail time. This is in effect for their entire life or 72 years, which ever comes first. Even the lowly office clerk is subject to these rules.
Doesn't matter. It won't be long before the entire Census database is hacked and everything posted to a Russian Server.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
It's my understanding that if their form is not filled out completely they will come to your home, and by not complying can have some serious consequences. However, I do agree all they should really need is a name and address and possibly how many live in the home. Seems to me all of the questions they ask are an invasion of privacy...but then oops, I forgot, we dont have any privacy anymore.

It's not just the Government that is taking away our privacy. We give out more information via FACEBOOK then on any census form.

If you want to see a sample of the form, try this link The Questions on the Form - 2010 Census (http://2010.census.gov/2010census/how/interactive-form.php - broken link)

Old 03-08-2010, 10:55 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,435,562 times
Quote:
Well, you only need to give them your name and age and address, oh, and your race. No need to give them your serial number (which when I was in the Navy was our SSN. Is it still the same?)

The form is really simple. It's okay to be leery. I don't trust many aspects of the Government.

How many pages are in the census to fill out? If just name, address and race is required...I thought they were a couple pages long?

Old 03-08-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Doesn't matter. It won't be long before the entire Census database is hacked and everything posted to a Russian Server.
yes, but at least it wont be me going to jail!
I'm not worried about the russians but maybe those chinese are the ones we should be watching out for!

Old 03-08-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
How many pages are in the census to fill out? If just name, address and race is required...I thought they were a couple pages long?
I think it is 4 - 5 pages long but there is only one questionnaire per house, so it has to have enough space for everyone in the home. I have 7 people in my house!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: