Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 07:33 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times

Advertisements

The right-side flag is the official Whiskey flag. Isn't it?

I would guess that the left flag is the one for "moonshine"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 07:36 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
You're full of it. The kid didn't have any self asteem, which is why he did that.

And trust me that in a little rural 4 room school in 1952 or so teachers spanked kids, washed their mouths with soap, corrected their spelling, and had never heard the term "self asteem" applied to children. But even so, some kids didn't learn to read anyway. That's why things got changed. Your rightwing ideology didn't work then, doesn't work now, and if we bombed ourselves back to the Age of Lizards, it still wouldn't work.
It was a joke...humor...levity to bring cheer to an overly bombastic discussion.

Lighten up Francis...

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo224/Bears_On_Ice/Hulka.gif (broken link)

Old 04-05-2010, 09:14 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
Quote:
Lets see now... you looked at that flag and claim it is the standard signal for "W", and claim I'm clueless on the water...

The flag on the boat is a red outer square, with a white middle square and then a blue inner square. The international signal for "W" in fact is a blue outer square, a white middle, and a red inner square.

So just exactly who is the clueless twit using your login to post these absurd articles????
Yep, you are right, I had the colors inverted and it is in fact not a "W" flag, so I was wrong and admit it...

Having said that, nothing else changes, I will admit when I am wrong, you are wrong all the time and try to sidestep facts with constant blithering... Differance between the two of us.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
The right-side flag is the official Whiskey flag. Isn't it?

I would guess that the left flag is the one for "moonshine"
Could be why they adopted it...

Well Floyd you going to explain what the flag they fly is for?

Old 04-05-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
That's the problem with almost everything Starlite says, he's got the observed facts reversed...

Reminds me of a kid I went to grade school with who couldn't spell very well, but when we checked our spelling lists the teacher would first give us the words to write down, and then we checked them ourselves when as the teacher read off the correct spelling for each word. This fellow would miss 2 or 3 out of ten, and every single time when the teacher gave a spelling different than his he would raise his hand and say, "Miss Finholm, you made a mistake!"
Ah, that explans a lot... you never changed when you grew up... "Starlite9 wrong!" because you got it wrong...

Kinda like the guy asking a question to a Police Officer about a ticket "A Friend" got...

Figures...

Old 04-05-2010, 10:29 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,653,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Yep, you are right, I had the colors inverted and it is in fact not a "W" flag, so I was wrong and admit it...

Having said that, nothing else changes, I will admit when I am wrong, you are wrong all the time and try to sidestep facts with constant blithering... Differance between the two of us.
Oh for sure. An example might be how wrong you said I was about when the shore ice forms at Barrow, and you posted a video to prove it. Except for the minor detail that the video proved that what I said was precisely true! So you posted a picture of a boat not being frozen in to prove you were right. I pointed out the boat wasn't being frozen in, and I posted an image taken the very day after yours... and your attempt as sidestepping that, in addition to the absurdly invalid comments about the flag, was to actually argue that I couldn't prove my picture was actually taken on the date I said it was. So I showed you the dates on the NEF file... but here you are blithering again.

Now, it's pretty clear that when you called me clueless about the flags it was because you are clueless about flags. And it is also clear that your statement that I am wrong and attempt to sidestep and blither is in fact just another attempt by you to sidestep and blither, which you have done again and again and again.

Incidentally, both you and Ray seem to have missed the fact that the purpose of the flag was already provided (in the message that showed the picture of the flag). Why can't you folks pay attention to detail instead of trying to imagine all these useless blithering idiotic sidesteps?

And please stop projecting your errors in my direction!

Old 04-05-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Oh for sure. An example might be how wrong you said I was about when the shore ice forms at Barrow, and you posted a video to prove it. Except for the minor detail that the video proved that what I said was precisely true! So you posted a picture of a boat not being frozen in to prove you were right. I pointed out the boat wasn't being frozen in, and I posted an image taken the very day after yours... and your attempt as sidestepping that, in addition to the absurdly invalid comments about the flag, was to actually argue that I couldn't prove my picture was actually taken on the date I said it was. So I showed you the dates on the NEF file... but here you are blithering again.

Now, it's pretty clear that when you called me clueless about the flags it was because you are clueless about flags. And it is also clear that your statement that I am wrong and attempt to sidestep and blither is in fact just another attempt by you to sidestep and blither, which you have done again and again and again.

Incidentally, both you and Ray seem to have missed the fact that the purpose of the flag was already provided (in the message that showed the picture of the flag). Why can't you folks pay attention to detail instead of trying to imagine all these useless blithering idiotic sidesteps?

And please stop projecting your errors in my direction!
The flag seems to make a nice diversion from your lack of general knowledge of the seasons there. Posting something like your "NEF" numbers is a hoot, that proves you typed in what you wanted and copied it to the thread as if that was credible, that is pretty sad. It may or not be factual, but to claim because you said so, won't convict anyone in a court of law. My photo was taken at West Dock, done in the 2009 season, we only had the boat there for one summer, to which there is a spring and fall, and that was clearly fall. Since the orginal post was done in 2009 and dated on the Thread, that makes it pretty much factual... sorry you don't grasp that fact...

The "Video" I posted was shot in 2008, the photo of our boat getting iced in was taken in 2009... A year later, for which they were dated when I posted them, and yet you still can't "grasp" that fact during your "Nanny, Nanny, Boo, Boo!" dance.

I simply couldn't access the 2009 season video... Maybe you can with your great level of expertise...

Regardless, your blather is getting pretty boring.

Last edited by starlite9; 04-05-2010 at 11:02 PM..

Old 04-05-2010, 10:56 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,129,609 times
No one is winning this argument...

Old 04-05-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
No one is winning this argument...
That is why I quit on it, Floyd can do another dance...

Old 04-05-2010, 11:32 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
I don't know...I'm doing pretty good up to now Warpt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska