U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 01:19 AM

195 posts, read 234,058 times

Advertisements

Update,

Wife and i just signed up for Full circle produce delivery.

If the school will send us the contract .. was supposed to be last Monday, we plan on flying to Barrow on July 1st.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 09:02 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,051,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dradiin View Post
Update,

If the school will send us the contract .. was supposed to be last Monday, we plan on flying to Barrow on July 1st.

Awsome
Good luck preparing for the move!

Old 05-02-2010, 02:50 AM

9,271 posts, read 3,434,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dradiin
Excellent...... I hope everything goes smoothly for you there bud!

Old 05-03-2010, 07:19 AM

195 posts, read 234,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Excellent...... I hope everything goes smoothly for you there bud!
So far so good House sold, Cars sold (having to rent for a whole month is spendy).

Sams Club membership purchased (no Sams club in Washington state) CostCo Membership purchased.

Ugh so many other things that seem so minor.

Oh, Shipping dogs is a pain in the rear.

Garage Sale soon, gonna sell tons of stuff, lol then buy it all over again once we arrive in Barrow.

Some say i am crazy for severing too much, that we should have a backup in case we don't like it in Barrow. I feel thats a cop out. I want to make Barrow work, no i need it to work, and i will not abide by having some sort of safety net in case it gets rough.

Anyhow just some late night/early morning ramblings

8 weeks and counting.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:00 AM

7,016 posts, read 6,931,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dradiin View Post
So far so good House sold, Cars sold (having to rent for a whole month is spendy).
Some say i am crazy for severing too much, that we should have a backup in case we don't like it in Barrow. I feel thats a cop out. I want to make Barrow work, no i need it to work, and i will not abide by having some sort of safety net in case it gets rough.
likes this attitude!!! same here for us! make it work!

Old 05-03-2010, 12:26 PM

191 posts, read 193,071 times
A part of me really envies the adventure of y'all. I came up to Anchorage 9 years ago now, and figured I'd stay a bit then get to somewhere more Alaskan, but this is where the jobs were, then there was a woman, and then there were five dogs, you get the picture. I still try to get out to the real Alaska as often as I can. Keep us posted. You will love it or hate, there is almost never an in between. Do a lot more listening than talking when you are new. That is good advice anytime you are in a new culture, but especially good in a Native culture, where personal assertiveness is not seen as an attractive quality.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:53 PM

989 posts, read 2,303,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSteveB View Post
Do a lot more listening than talking when you are new. That is good advice anytime you are in a new culture, but especially good in a Native culture, where personal assertiveness is not seen as an attractive quality.
Very well said.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:01 PM

6,271 posts, read 8,045,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
I wanna see both of you at Sam & Lee's, soon as you arrive here!
Isn't that where you have a vested interest in ownership?

Old 05-04-2010, 07:17 AM

3,538 posts, read 4,507,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I need an antique ice box for my cabin. So if your moving to Barrow...where you won't need one. Sell yours to me!
Errr, did you know that, at least a few years ago and probably nothing has changed, Barrow had the highest per capita sales of home freezer/refer sales in the US.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:45 AM

15,013 posts, read 25,359,888 times
The antique wood ice box types? Would be a bonus if I could find one in Ak rather than the lower 48. Even if I have to ship one down from Barrow would be quicker and cheaper than from the lower 48.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska