Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 08:30 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpwas View Post
Well they did, that's the truth. What is negligible to one is not to the other. I don't back down from that "negligible" point. I repeat, I don't back down from that "negligible" point. And I repeat again, and again, I don't back down from that "negligible' point. WHATEVER. (Did I spell negligible wrong? If I did, again, who cares?).
Adolph Hitler was not a recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:33 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times
Quote:
Well they did, that's the truth.
No, they did not, and that's the truth.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:38 PM

688 posts, read 1,489,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Adolph Hitler was not a recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize.
My "bad" on that one, but he was certainly nominated for it, and I know for a fact, he was the Time Magazine "Man of the Year" one year in late 1930's. Anyway, I still say if Palin wants to build a fence around her property, big deal. If the author wants a fence around his house, big deal. How something like this even becomes more than a minor footnote news-wise is beyond me.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:39 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,648,963 times
Quote:
Yes, and Adolf Hitler and Yassir Arafat won the Nobel Peace Prize. Big deal.
Wrong.

Hitler was nominated in 1939, but it was also withdrawn. (Thousands of invitations to nominate a candidate are circulated, and nominees are not identified for 50 years. Hence there is virtually no significance to said nomination.)

Arafat did indeed share a Nobel Peace prize. The prize can be shared by as many as three nominees, and that has only happened one time in the 100+ year history. Arafat, Itzhak Rabin and Shimon Peres
shared the 1994 award.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
No, they did not, and that's the truth.
Arafat did, and that's the truth. Hitler didn't, my mistake, but was certainly nominated for it. Maybe we both need to think first, think first.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:45 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
As I said, 4th rate paparazzi (or paparazzo or whatever - who cares?)
Obviously you do or you would not be calling someone that.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Obviously you do or you would not be calling someone that.
whatever you say. whatever.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:53 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Arafat did, and that's the truth. Hitler didn't, my mistake, but was certainly nominated for it. Maybe we both need to think first, think first.
I think that the point is is that when you attempt to argue a negligible point with an untruth represented as truth, it might make us wonder what else you are misinformed on.

I agree about the fence...who really cares so much about the stupid thing, although it does appear to be poor quality workmanship. My neighbors are building an even taller one and I'm happy to see that so far it is very well built; I have a good degree of optimism that it will not prove to be an eyesore when it is completed.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I think that the point is is that when you attempt to argue a negligible point with an untruth represented as truth, it might make us wonder what else you are misinformed on.

I agree about the fence...who really cares so much about the stupid thing, although it does appear to be poor quality workmanship. My neighbors are building an even taller one and I'm happy to see that so far it is very well built; I have a good degree of optimism that it will not prove to be an eyesore when it is completed.
At least I admitted my error, and I admittedly am arrogant, but as I said what is negligible to one isn't to the other, so seems like you might be more arrogant than me there. That untruth, by the way, wasn't much of an untruth, and half of it I was dead right on. Anyway, have a great evening.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:11 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
Quote:
I don't back down from anything I wrote. Repeat, I don't back down from anything I wrote. There was an author of another book about 20 years ago that wrote about crime and criminals that hounded the family of a physician that was murdered for months after it happened in a town 30 miles from me (this stupid book was not a bestseller, but close to it), and was trying to put this physician and his family in a bad light as if he deserved it (this man was a asset to the medical community, this M.D. was murdered by 2 scumbags that thought he a load of money in his house, and this man's daughter was almost killed by these 2 "pillars of society"), and I won't tell where this was or his name or the name of the book, but that book was garbage from a "reputable" author. I don't apologize for a damn thing I wrote. PERIOD. And no, I don't pucker up to a picture of Palin, or anyone else, thank you, not that I give a crap what you think or me anymore than you give a crap of what I think of you.
You proved my point! Only it's not the author who is hounding anyone. Other than moving next door, name one thing he has done to trespass on Walin's privacy. You can't because he hasn't! Walin' is the one inciting hatred from her scumbag wacko fan's, *cough, cough*. McGuinniss is the victim in this scenario. If there is anyone whose life is in danger, it's his. Those Palienites who are emailing death threats to him are doing so at the behest of Wailin' Palin. PERIOD

So, it's not Walin' who makes you pucker. Could it be Todd? He is the perfect lapdog, an attractive attribute,........... apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska