Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 12:00 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times

Advertisements

I didn't say I was supporting Palin for any kind of office. I personally don't think she'll run for anything. But Lisa M. has toooo may skeletons in the closet. She's just part of the same good ole boy system that's got this country all screwed up. The Law Degree don't mean squat in my book. Those things are a dime a dozen anymore. I know cause I just put my son through law school. He graduated at the very top of his class. He's now working as a bank manager trainee for Wells Fargo in Anchorage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 12:18 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I didn't say I was supporting Palin for any kind of office. I personally don't think she'll run for anything. But Lisa M. has toooo may skeletons in the closet. She's just part of the same good ole boy system that's got this country all screwed up. The Law Degree don't mean squat in my book. Those things are a dime a dozen anymore. I know cause I just put my son through law school. He graduated at the very top of his class. He's now working as a bank manager trainee for Wells Fargo in Anchorage.
Uh yeah, Stiff, this post wasn't about the Palien running for anything; it was about her endorsement (aka kiss of death) of Joe Miller. Palin and Murkowski are fairly close ideologically; and it seems to some that Palin is following her usual pattern of attempting to create dissent/pick fights, et al, as a part of a penchant for personal vendettas.

I don't know what law school your son went to and I'm sorry for his misfortune, but a degree from Willamette Law has a market value of around ten million dollars. "I should know". My older sister is the one I mentioned in a previous post as having been the one whose graduation I attended at the same time Lisa walked. Another one of us passed the bar recently and has started working at something a bit more challenging than an entry level bank position.

My point remains that taking shots at Lisa M. is a very, very bad political move on the part of Sarah Palin; it would be refreshing and add some much needed credibility if she would simply leave these tired old patterns of hers in the past.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 06-08-2010 at 12:41 AM..

Old 06-08-2010, 12:31 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,016,720 times
Yea, dumping Stevens wasn't enough? Let's dump Lisa too and make Marky-mark our Senior Senator. Holy cr@p, I really have entered the twilight zone now!

Old 06-08-2010, 04:23 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I agree with you about Lisa. I find her to be a political opportunist with no principles. She voted for the TARP Bailout when Bush was President, but against the Stimulus when Obama was President. Lisa also says that she supports Cap & Trade, but only if opening ANWR was included in the bill. Judging by her voting record she has 1) never read the US Constitution; and/or 2) simply does not care to be bothered by all those pesky constitutional limitations on the federal government's power.

In either case, I cannot support a wishy-washy political opportunist who sides with Sen. Dick "Our Troops Are NAZIs" Durbin. I had already taken a look at Joe Miller's background long before Sarah said anything, and I like what I see. Lisa is part of the problem with the GOP that caused voters to begin cleaning house in the 2006 and 2008 elections.

Republicans who behave like Democrats and spend taxpayer money like there is no tomorrow have no place in the GOP and no business representing Alaska.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:28 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,807,220 times
Tossing ole Ted under the bus was a damn good start...old dirtbag Young is next up

Whattya got to fear...?

Murkowski's seat has been bought and paid for by big oil and special interests for years, it was sold-out by her dirtbag daddy many years ago

Everything she does is totally predictable...in favor of rubber-stamping everything big oil wants

Now the b-itch wants to gut the EPA, in favor of her real employers in big business of course....no doubt there is a big pay-day waiting if she can pull this off

She's an embarrassment to Alaska...

Alaska Politics Blog : UPDATE: White House threatens veto of Murkowski's EPA resolution | adn.com

Last edited by Captain Crunch; 06-08-2010 at 06:22 PM..

Old 06-08-2010, 08:01 PM

UPDATE: White House threatens veto of Murkowski's EPA resolution

PERFECT.....sorry Lisa, no big payday for ya.....

She looks like a ding-bat in that picture...imagine that

You would think she would have more important things to be doing for Alaska, but thats right she works for big oil rather than for Alaska....bet she gets paid by both

Old 06-08-2010, 08:06 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times
“This is not an environmental disaster, and I will say that again and again because it is a natural phenomena,” Young said last month in a statement that has been repeated throughout blogs and articles about the spill. “Oil has seeped into this ocean for centuries, will continue to do it. During World War II, there was over 10 million barrels of oil spilt from ships and no natural catastrophe. ... We will lose some birds, we will lose some fixed sealife, but overall it will recover.”

Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - Rep Don Young criticized for Gulf oil spill comments

All the cheese has slid off his cracker.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:08 PM

ya....he's really a moron at this point, time to take his place under-the-bus with many of the ole Alaska republicans that bit the dust recently, too bad they didn't as yet find a reason to prosecute him like they did ole Uncle Ted....didn't he spend millions of taxpayer money on attorney fees...?

he and Helen Thomas have a lot in common

Old 06-08-2010, 08:09 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
to endorse the idjit challenging Lisa M's Senate seat. More vindictive crap from the Palien.
It ruins your credibility when you criticize someone whose name you can't even spell, especially when it's an easy, 5 letter, last name.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:15 PM

she has plenty of credibility....you just don't get it

Last edited by Rance; 06-08-2010 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: Easy on the name game!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska