U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 09:32 PM

15,852 posts, read 15,273,808 times
Default Really stupid on the Palien's part (big surprise)

to endorse the idjit challenging Lisa M's Senate seat. More vindictive crap from the Palien.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 09:44 PM

3,766 posts, read 3,999,116 times
Well, it's typical Palin. She was for her before she was against her.

I went downtown on Saturday "window shopping" & Sat. Market, first time in years. Palin in the windows & at the market.... she's now a commodity. "I Can See Russia" t-shirts, Palin coloring books, Palin painted wooden signs with catchy sayings, etc.

Sigh. Just when we thought she was fading from our state.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
Well, it's typical Palin. She was for her before she was against her.

I went downtown on Saturday "window shopping" & Sat. Market, first time in years. Palin in the windows & at the market.... she's now a commodity. "I Can See Russia" t-shirts, Palin coloring books, Palin painted wooden signs with catchy sayings, etc.

Sigh. Just when we thought she was fading from our state.
I need to get another cardboard cutout of the Palien to put on my hill; the one I put up there last week is all full of bullet holes.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:04 PM

5,292 posts, read 6,853,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
to endorse the idjit challenging Lisa M's Senate seat. More vindictive crap from the Palien.
Yea, right. Lisa M rode her daddies coat tails. Plus they are responsible for having the "road to nowhere" on Gravina built before the bridge to nowhere was axed. All done to improve access to land they owned on Gravina.

http://www.tongassconservation.org/gravina.html (broken link)

http://www.adn.com/2010/01/20/110274...vina-road.html

http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=9368280

Old 06-07-2010, 11:17 PM

6,316 posts, read 3,290,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Why have you lefties got such a thing about Palin...think she can beat the annointed one maybe...so you have to as negative and deragatory as possible...if not leave her alone already

Old 06-07-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Yea, right. Lisa M rode her daddies coat tails. Plus they are responsible for having the "road to nowhere" on Gravina built before the bridge to nowhere was axed. All done to improve access to land they owned on Gravina.
Uh, yeah Stiff. Lisa M. went to one of the toughest law schools in the country and graduated second in her class.

I was at her graduation, though I wasn't there for Lisa but rather for the person who graduated with even higher honors.

Palin bounced from one seventh rate college to another and wouldn't have had a prayer of getting into Willamette Law School let alone doing even the first year coursework.

I realize that such sentiments are considered "elitist thinking" by those of you with chips on your shoulders but thank Heaven there are still people in this country who recognize the value of achievement and hard work.

Lisa M. has stood her ground quite well. I don't agree with her politics but I admire the lady's integrity and her commitment to the great state of Alaska.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:31 PM

12,815 posts, read 13,548,110 times
Well, if Palin were to run against Liza, I would vote for her. Liza has a few skeletons in her closet that could de-trone her should any good and conservative candidate would run against her. Please note that by good and conservative I am referring to anybody, not just Palin.

The problem with Liza is not just the Ravina Island and the lands she owns there plus the bridge to nowhere, but some land deals along the Kenai River she promptly got rid of when the news broke-out.

Another one who is walking on thin ice is Senator Begich. He left a mess in Anchorage before he left, and pretty much got away with it.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Why have you lefties got such a thing about Palin...think she can beat the annointed one maybe...so you have to as negative and deragatory as possible...if not leave her alone already
I'm not quite a "lefty"...and if you knew anything about politics in the state of Alaska you'd realize that disillusionment with the Palien is not just for "lefties" any more. But I guess that tired old mantra of "leave Palin alone" is all you've got.

Poor old Palien, all of us picking on her, doggone it.

Pass me a tissue; the unfairness of it all is making my plum colored mascara run down my cheeks.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 06-07-2010 at 11:43 PM..

Old 06-07-2010, 11:32 PM

Old 06-07-2010, 11:34 PM

I agree with you about Begich, Ray, but the lady's first name is Lisa, and it's Gravina Island and not Ravina.

Been into the wine already I take it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska