Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2010, 03:52 PM

78 posts, read 144,662 times

Advertisements

Hi, my name is Merrie and I like over in Bennington, Vermont. I am almost 33, single with no children even though I do want them I have not been lucky enough yet to start a family. To make a very long story short I have always been miserable here and am always going to the Albany/Saratoga areas for dinning and shopping. I hate it here for many reasons but mainly there is nothing here. I cannot count how many times I have driven to Albany/Saratoga it has been so many. I would like to start looking for work over there and am hoping for some opinions. It is close enough for me to still visit friends and family but far enough away where there are things to do/see. I do not have a degree but half of an associates in business so I can de clerical or customer service. I will be renting a room and would like to know the areas to look into, I want to keep it around an hour drive if I can. I heard Clifton Park was nice but want to get some opinions. Things I would like to avoid are rude people and crime. Here nothing violent ever happens, you can leave your house and car unlocked and nothing happens.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Merrie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 02:45 PM

93,342 posts, read 123,972,828 times
You might like Niskayuna, Scotia, Latham, Bethlehem/Delmar, along with Clifton Park. These websites might help: Capital Region Jobs

Renters Guide - Albany Apartments in New York and Albany, NY Apartment Complexes (http://www.rentersguidealbany.com/index.cfm?page=search - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area