Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,481 times

Advertisements

I woke up this morning to find my GPS and everything of value stolen from my car which was parked in my driveway. Yes, I didn't lock the car last night so ultimately i'm the idiot for thinking that moving from Brooklyn, NY to Clifton Park, NY for a better quality of life and people here don't need to lock their car because things like this don't happen here.
Boy was I wrong!!
So I call the local Sheriff and he tells me their phones have been going crazy this week with the exact same thefts.
This post is to let all you homeowners that crime is everywhere. Don't take for granted that you live in a beautiful tree lined, expensive culdesac and thieves don't come to your area.
Lock your Car. Alarm your house. Don't leave your garage door open all day.
And if someone tries to sell you a Garmin Nuvi 1409T in the next few days tell that punk ass kid i'm gonna kick his ass.
Seriously though, has anyone on this board heard of a pattern of string of robberies lately.
Thanks
Jeff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 10:48 AM

263 posts, read 623,511 times
People up here always leave their car running while going to Stewards, I often thought about snagging one and park it behind the building...
People need to get ready for different times, low employment, crime rising.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:38 PM

207 posts, read 640,302 times
I am sorry to hear about the theft. Even minor crimes can be so frustrating.

I lived in Clifton Park for nearly five years and it was the safest city in which I ever lived. The only indication of crime that I recall was a sign at the gym noting that some items had been stolen from cars. Crime is always a possibility and I would certainly recommend locking your car and house and keeping valuable items out-of-sight, but overall CP is freakishly safe. I wouldn't worry about flash mobs and the like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area