Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2007, 12:57 PM

70 posts, read 421,350 times

Advertisements

So, just got back. Loved the B&B we stayed in (Morgan State House). I enjoyed my time in Albany because it was relaxing. My husband put it : Albany is a city where people don't seem to care that they are living in a city. I am sure this is not everybody, but when you compare it to NYC where people live in it because it is a city there is a big difference. I definetely see how it quiets down on the weekends (have yet to see it during the week to compare though) we visited the State Plaze and it was like a graveyard- so quiet nobody anywhere(but very cool!). Loved the park and a huge bonus all the tennis courts (here in NYC you have to pay $100 just to have access for a year- and that does not guarantee you a spot on the court), affordable multi unit properties, walkability, river bike trail, great location, some culture and entertainment (i know can't compare to nyc but enough to keep us occupied). Some complaints- How can people compare lark st. to SOHO. SO not close. Maybe more like Park slope. But Lark looks nothing like SOHO. And also, yeah Arbor Hill is VERY run down. I mean I know "bad" neighborhoods here but at least here in the city neighborhoods don't look completely abandoned. It is like the govt gave up on that community for a while. It is really sad- but saw some gems of architecture there while walking around. Hopefully people start buying there and rebuilding it.
Also, what is the deal with people being so Anti- Bus. I thought the bus system was great- and ultra on time. We also walked everywhere- something it seems people don't do. We bussed it out there so did not have a car. Everyone reccomended to take the yellow cab....HELLO haven't you heard of walking?Q@?!?!:!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area