Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2007, 12:06 PM

25 posts, read 119,408 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I am considering moving to some area around Clifton Park, NY to be with my daughter. I am trying to find businesses that employ people in the transportation industry from Albany to Saratoga Springs. I would like to find a management job in that industry, but would consider getting back into a tractor-trailer if I have to so I can be near my daughter. Anyone know the best places to look online for such employers or have any tips for businesses that are in my field of interest? Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 01:14 PM

41 posts, read 160,195 times
Look into Ace Hardware in Gansevoort or Saratoga Transport. Both are good companies, If you want more info or phone numbers just PM.

Old 11-25-2007, 02:16 PM

Hi, thanks for the reply. Ace doesn;t seem to be hiring in that area and Saratoga Transport seems like it's an OTR job. I'm hoping to find something that will get me home most nights and weekends. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepow3r View Post
Hi, thanks for the reply. Ace doesn;t seem to be hiring in that area and Saratoga Transport seems like it's an OTR job. I'm hoping to find something that will get me home most nights and weekends. Any other ideas? Thanks.
Talked to some friends at Ace still looking for drivers need to stop in at warehouse and fill out application. Saratoga has a regional division, local drivers and a can division which hauls cans for coke and bud odd hours but home daily, check into it. Penske has a deal hauling flour out of the port of Albany. There are several companies that haul gas out of the port. Can't remember the name but there is a flatbed outfit that hauls sheetrock out of Renssellear, I think it Genesis? Also Ruan and Swift pull for Target daily runs may involve weekend work. US Foodservice and Sysco are both in Clifton Park. Hope this helps let me know if you need anything else.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:52 PM

Thanks for the help. Think any of these places will hire me with limited winter driving experience? I have 9 years accident free tractor-trailer experience driving on these nice flat roads down here in Florida, but practically no winter driving experience at all, not even in a car.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepow3r View Post
Thanks for the help. Think any of these places will hire me with limited winter driving experience? I have 9 years accident free tractor-trailer experience driving on these nice flat roads down here in Florida, but practically no winter driving experience at all, not even in a car.
I think thaat with 9 years of safe driving you should have no problem getting hired. Good Luck.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:04 PM

Hi again folks. Sorry for replying to an old thread, but I took a job in Louisiana that isn't working out very well. I thought I'd come on here again and see if anyone else has ideas about either local trucking jobs or related transportation positions in the Clifton Park/Albany area that pay a decent wage. Thanks for your reply in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area