Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2013, 02:46 PM

4 posts, read 3,634 times

Advertisements

Greetings!

I'll be relocating to Albany for a job and I'm looking for some suggestions on what areas of Albany to focus on for my apartment search. The general guideline I was given was to stay away from Central/Western Ave but not much else to go on so hopefully I can get more details here.

The important things would be;
-safety
-proximity to Corporate Woods Blvd (something like 10-20 minute drive)
-parking
-affordable (budgeting around 700-800 for a studio or 1br)
-maybe an area with young people or students but not rowdy during weeknights (just a +, not that important)

Some flexibility in the budgeting as I'm not too sure what the "safe" areas typically cost @ Albany. Any help would be really appreciated or a general map of what areas to look at or to avoid would also be immensely helpful. Any really good resources to find apartments in Albany would be really appreciated as it'll save me a lot of time~!

Thanks in advance for reading and for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 09:05 AM

4 posts, read 3,634 times
Does anyone know how the areas around 2 Macdonalds Circle (Menands Gardens) and 16 Old Hickory Drive (Loudon Arms) are in terms of safety and/or demographics?

Thanks in advance~

Old 12-11-2013, 12:51 PM

93,193 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandahouse View Post
Does anyone know how the areas around 2 Macdonalds Circle (Menands Gardens) and 16 Old Hickory Drive (Loudon Arms) are in terms of safety and/or demographics?

Thanks in advance~
Here is some info on both areas: Census Block Group 000300-3 in Albany County, New York

Census Block Group 013602-1 in Albany County, New York

Old 12-13-2013, 08:53 AM

368 posts, read 995,575 times
My best friend (female) lived in Menands Gardens about ten years ago. At the time, it was a very safe, nice place to live. Someone would need to confirm that it's still a good choice, but, that area of Menands was fairly affluent when I lived in the Albany area, and I'm willing to bet that it hasn't changed substantially.

Loudon Arms I wouldn't recommend at all. Although it's close to Corporate Woods, it's just on the edge of a very bad area. From what my parents tell me, that part of Albany is going downhill fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area