Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2014, 12:31 PM

15 posts, read 29,299 times

Advertisements

I don't live in the best area and I do understand these types of areas are prone to serious drug use. Although the majority of the people who live in my building are crack addicts only one of them causes me problems. The one I'm dealing with lives in the apartment under mine. He is very aggressive and has been arrested more times than anyone can count for putting his hands on men, women, children and police officers. He even brags about how he did 8 years for splintering the entire skull around some woman's eye. After calling the landlord numerous times he is finally being evicted. He has to be out in 2.5 weeks and since getting the eviction notice he has been getting worse. For example, last night he had his system blasting under my daughters room until 2am, at 9:30am my boyfriend left for work and instantly the crack head neighbor was outside my door screaming at the top of his lungs that he's going to kick in my door and knock my teeth out and murder me and my daughter. Another neighbor got in between and it turned physical between them very fast. I'm looking for any advice because I'm worried that since he's on his way out he'll feel he has nothing to lose trying to do something to me and my daughter. (he believes we have cameras hidden in his apartment and that I rent out my living room to his ex every night so she can have sex with black guys right over him). I can't afford to move or I would have already, it's a horrible neighborhood that I ended up in after leaving a violent marriage. Any ideas? Anyone? Other than calling the police, I have seen him punch women in their faces, they call the cops, the cops show up talk to him and leave. Calling them will only put more of a target on me.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 02:22 PM

245 posts, read 431,984 times
Is this in Albany? I don't understand how calling the cops on him will put a target on you. Film him doing one of his violent outrages so you have evidence. Post it online, make it go viral. There's a lot you can do with a crackhead neighbor!

Old 12-13-2014, 02:36 PM

93,321 posts, read 123,941,088 times
This poster posted the same thing in the Baltimore forum. So, this may as well be spam.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:32 PM

Default Um no, not spam

No this isn't spam, and it's not the same that I posted in the Baltimore area. I had originally typed in on that board but when I realized there was a board for my area I put it here. All that should be from me on that other thread is the suggestion to install visible security cameras and light motion detectors to attempt at reducing the amount of foot traffic going on there.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:36 PM

I'm in Schenectady not Albany. With this crack head in particular if I call the cops and they don't arrest him on the spot he's the kind who will take serious, physical vengeance.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:39 PM

245 posts, read 431,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustrated101 View Post
No this isn't spam, and it's not the same that I posted in the Baltimore area. I had originally typed in on that board but when I realized there was a board for my area I put it here. All that should be from me on that other thread is the suggestion to install visible security cameras and light motion detectors to attempt at reducing the amount of foot traffic going on there.
So you were like okay... I live in Schenectady, but I can't seem to find a Schenectady forum. So I'll go to a Maryland forum and post something there because that makes total sense. How does that work?

EDIT: To your above, get something on video. Then you'll be sure they WILL arrest him on the spot.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
That was in 08: http://www.city-data.com/forum/balti...-about-my.html

Similar post, but maybe I'd suggest making a thorough search in regards to housing as well.

Old 12-14-2014, 04:38 PM

Hmmmm I'm not really sure what happened there. After I saw your post earlier I tried finding my post from yesterday and couldn't. Even following your link my response isn't showing up. It may just be me not fully understanding this cite, I was doing a Google search yesterday and came across the Baltimore post I had responded too...I didn't realize at first that this cite was region by region (I just assumed it was an all-for-one type cite...looking at the url first may have been logical).

Old 12-14-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Hmmmm I'm not really sure what happened there. After I saw your post earlier I tried finding my post from yesterday and couldn't. Even following your link my response isn't showing up. It may just be me not fully understanding this cite, I was doing a Google search yesterday and came across the Baltimore post I had responded too...I didn't realize at first that this cite was region by region (I just assumed it was an all-for-one type cite...looking at the url first may have been logical).
No, it doesn't work like that and keep in mind that you posted that about 6 years ago. So, that is plenty of time to figure it out.

You also didn't respond to the post, but it was a post that started a thread.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:10 PM

I think there's some sort of confusion here...before yesterday I never heard of this cite...that post in Baltimore from 6 years ago was by someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area