Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2008, 09:23 AM

15 posts, read 67,543 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I will go up to the Albany study in April, could you tell me which places or areas will be safety and conveninent to live around the Albany? because at present I prepare to find the house can be lived when I go up to the Albany.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 08:32 AM

9 posts, read 42,631 times
Can you give me more information? Where are you going to study? A college? Have you looked into dorming? Please give me more info and I would love to help you out, seeing as I am a graduate from both SUNY Albany and Saint Rose!

Old 04-02-2008, 06:43 PM

34 posts, read 208,012 times
west of lark and madison. go west, go west, west, west. flee to the west, at least to where madison and western come together near the albany police station. don't live in center square or near washington park. it is too dangerous at night. too many bad neighnborhoods are near. the city is very small. you are ok for a block or two and then you are in crap ville. i reecomend west albany-colonie-guilderland or latham. the area is very nice, the city is not.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:35 PM

15 posts, read 67,543 times
Thanks for above two people' help!

For ryangiggs, you mentioned that don't live in center square or washington park, you used the google found out that Washington Ave and Central Ave, is the same with you mentioned of center square or washington park? could you tell me are they same or not? because at present, I have list of address of 810 Washington Ave,Albany, NY, 12203? is Washington Ave belonged to West or not? how about your opinion regarding the Washington Ave? On the other hand, you also said that west albany -colonie-guilderland or latham are very nice place, but I just see the Albany west, includes Western Ave, Central Ave on using the Google. whereas Colonie and Latham are belonged to North areas. Could you tell me how to distinguish the west albany areas? I just want to how to recognize, and thank you for your recommendation and your information.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:43 AM

257 posts, read 1,335,369 times
Read the thread "ask a level headed man who lived in Albany..."

Old 10-25-2009, 10:48 AM

4 posts, read 58,668 times
to make it easy...stay away from the downhill effect. all of the roads on the downhill side of Albany is where most of the problems have occuured. Yes, some roads flow into 1 another at some point, so that can b confusing. Like any area, there are good & bad parts, based partially on what I mentioned, as well as where & what time you're hanging out. I lived on Washington Park on Washington Ave by the fire station. extremely safe place & no problems. There are some nice places by the college side, but I'd suggest staying closer to Madison direction. some have mentioned outskirt areas which are good, my only questions are #1-how good are u with directions, & #2-how far do you want to travel to work/school etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area