U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 08:11 AM

5,818 posts, read 13,273,145 times

Advertisements

There are rural areas in Saratoga County (Schuylerville, Quaker Springs), which is 12 miles from shopping. A little further Greenwich (Washington County).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 12:47 PM

843 posts, read 735,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jena Cosimo View Post
Hi everyone,

Me and my family are thinking of relocating from central NJ to northern NY. My husband works in NYC and we believe he could find similar work in Albany.

We have a camp in Lewis County, NY and love the rural feel of the area, but it's a bit too far north for our full time residence. NJ is becoming so over developed and expensive. We hope to find a farm in NY, and have been looking a bit, but can't seem to get a good feel for the different towns within an hour commuting distance to Albany. Right now in NJ we are in a desirable, safe town with good schools. I am looking for something similar but more rural.

I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction of some towns to look further into. We are looking for 50-100 acres (with or without a home) in a rural area that is supportive of agriculture but not too far from basic shopping needs.

At this point, I would be grateful for a recommendation of a good realtor that can help guide us in our decisions. I have yet to find one who is very helpful in guiding us in the right direction.

Thank you in advance!

Posson Realty in Norwich ONLY does farms...won't waste your time with houses or "almost' farms. 315-334-9727 for office...cell for Kara Posson Reed- 315-316-6597..sent you a private message...

Old 02-01-2019, 01:43 PM

1,251 posts, read 727,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
There are rural areas in Saratoga County (Schuylerville, Quaker Springs), which is 12 miles from shopping. A little further Greenwich (Washington County).
This is actually a really good suggestion. Greenwich is a nice little town as is Schuylerville. School systems aren't bad either and you're close to Saratoga.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or