Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2007, 03:47 PM

2 posts, read 3,565 times

Advertisements

Well 24 year old long Islander looking to move somewhere upstate. I was thinking Albany my critera for the search was affordable housing, jobs and a good four year college. I have seen the housing prices in Albany were pretty decent. Could anyone give me any information on property taxes and jobs in the area? Also maybe other towns I should looking into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2007, 06:42 AM

29 posts, read 144,108 times
Hi there,if your from Longisland ,then Albany is a great area to look into,lots to do ,Also condsider the outskirts such as Clifton park,Rotterdam,Scotia ,and Guilderland! All great somewhat upscale places to live that are reasonable,and easy access to stores...Im from Longisland ,Babylon,i lived there my whole life,i know have 3 kids and wanted to make a new start,The taxes on Longisland are a killer,(But if you Can afford it then its an ausome place to live! I sometimes find myself getting very home sick (which is Normal) But once you get adjusted within time,meet nice people then your good to go!! Good luck on your journey! check out
http://www.rentersguidealbany.com/index.cfm?page=browse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area