Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2009, 06:10 AM

1 posts, read 3,863 times

Advertisements

I will be temporarily moving to Menands, NY for six months. I'm looking for a reasonable apt around the Broadway/Wards Lane area. Would appreciate any input about the area, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 09:19 PM

59 posts, read 287,918 times
That's easy enough:

Park Hill Lane Apartments

Loudonville/Menands Apartments - Dutch Village - Albany Management

Good luck to you.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:40 AM

1 posts, read 3,819 times
Default Re:Menands

Grew up in Menands. Park Hill/Park Lane or Dutch Meadows are definitely the nicest apartment complexes, and are all on Wards Lane (Park Lane is closest to Broadway). I'm not sure either offers a 6-month lease, though. Riverhill Apts is up the hill on Van Rensselaer Blvd. It's not as nice but last I knew, they were willing to do short term leases. Also, there are many multi-family houses just off Broadway, a little farther into Menands (ie, farther north on Broadway). Though it will take more work, you can find a perfectly nice place for 6 months and for less money. Try the Times Union ads or Craigslist. In terms of crime/safety, Wards Lane is good, Van Rensselaer Blvd is good, and for Broadway, the farther north you go within Menands, the better.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:45 AM

4 posts, read 10,166 times
What makes Riverhill Apts not as nice? Is it the actual properties or the people? I havent visited Riverhill yet but I did drive through Menands. The unfortunate things about Dutch Village & Park Hill/Park Lane is that they have no utilities included in their rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area