Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 05:13 PM

17 posts, read 45,268 times

Advertisements

My move-in date is either the beginning of August or September, and my BF and I haven't yet decided on an area. (We've been looking at Pa, and now we're back to looking at Albany! lol It's crunch time!!!!) Is one of those dates better, I don't know if loads of new college kids move in over the Summer.

Or are great apartments available year-round? I do see tons of apartments available daily on Craigslist, and I'm not sure if what we'll looking for will always be there! (1 BR, up to $600/mo, pet friendly, at least H/HW inc., and on the bus line.)

BTW... If you know of a date before August, let me know! My time where I live is up in April, and I'm getting an extenstion, but can move out anytime, as long as it's the first. My BF just has some business to take care of, that finishes up in August, so he's stuck here until September, and I'm not to keen on moving to a new area by myself. But if it's a good time to move, then I will!!!!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 07:18 PM

22 posts, read 77,293 times
Many of the the college kids will rent in May (stay, or sublease for summer) or end of Aug- they move in end of Aug- Labor Day. Pretty quiet while they are gone, but crazy when they get back. Craigs List is very popular and they go quick. Thats your best bet probably. Also try the Times Union newspaper- probably less so for "college kid" housing. Sorry, don't know the complex for your previous post. Unless you want the college area- believe its the Pine Hills section in Albany- beware. Are you looking to be right in the city? There are lots of nice areas for young professionals, but they end quickly into the bad ones, be careful.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:34 PM

17 posts, read 45,268 times
Yeah, I've been looking at Craigslist. Although my BF and I are 23 and 25, we're not big on parties and noise! We're looking for a place on the bus line, and that's in a safe area. I use neighborhoodscout.com a LOT! Although you need to pay for the crime rates of specifc neighborhoods, you can still get a lot of great info for free. I just may post an ad that we're looking for an apartment for September. See if anyone replies...

Or maybe just move in begining of August. Beat the rush!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area