Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 02:41 PM

5 posts, read 27,507 times

Advertisements

Hello
Trying to find out whether singles over 40 can 'have a life' in albany?
Is anyone there single in that age range?
Is it a good city for singles over 40?
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 07:53 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,287 times
I'm single in my 40s. I think it's a good area for singles, providing you are willing to view the entire region as a whole rather than just Albany. From Lake George to Kingston is a very broad area, I know; but there really is a lot more to do if you consider towns within that frame. Saratoga Springs will be brimming with over-40 singles this July & August particularly - when the ponies come to town. Woodstock & Kingston have some nice venues that cater to an older crowd.

If you really must limit it to Albany, try to make a few of the outdoor music events this summer. Live at Five, the Empire Plaza & the Corning Preserve have some good ones coming up.

Also, I don't belong anymore, but I believe the OC Ski Club is still around. (?) You do not have to be a skier - they schedule lots of events besides skiing. A good mix of people & ages.

Troy has a great Farmer's Market on weekends; also the RiverFest is coming up - lots of singles there. Schenectady has a few spots around the Stockade area that have a nice older crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area