Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 02:00 AM

10,398 posts, read 572,246 times

Advertisements

My husband and I attended the Eddie Vedder Acoustic show on Tuesday night at the Palace Theatre. Looking forward to a night out together, we were unfortunate enough to sit next to, two extremely obnoxious men, who obviously couldn't shut up and just listen to the music. They weren't teens either, that, I could have at least understood. But there was no excuse for these guys who were probably in their mid to late 30's. Loud, spilling their beer, jumping up and screaming at the top of their lungs every two minutes at inappropriate times, they were so hammered they couldn't even stand up straight, let alone find their way back to their seats... I kept hoping they would just get lost and never come back . Finally after seeing several others get asked to leave by security for similar behavior... they improved somewhat after about an hour into it. but I was getting more angry by the minute and I am a rather tolerant person and usually not quick to anger. I tried the tactic of just ignoring them, convincing myself that I was not going to let them ruin my time...I really tried ...but that didn't work. When they started to Yell obsenities to us after we asked them to please chill out, I finally had to tell security about them. They just watched them more closely the remainder of the night. I felt like... OMG, Is this something my parents would have done... am I just getting old and cranky ? Sure, Life is hard and times are tough...., we all need to unwind and have fun, but aren't we there for the Music not to be an a$$... Afterall, this was an Acoustic show NOT Pearl Jam for God sake! .....That crowd would have probably been stoned and mellow.... something I can live with. I am sure they were probably partying in the parking Lot before the show even started, but when I saw them carrying 4 beers (the Max) with them to their seats... I knew it wasn't a good sign. ... I thought briefly, Why do these venues need to sell alcohol anyway...it just encouraging this kind of thing. But why punish responbible drinkers for a few Morons. Maybe they need to monitor how much they sell at a time, like only two at a time and not four...Are they there to drink or to hear the performance? Being more aware of the intoxication level of the person buying the alcohol would probably help matters as well. Ya'no what they say when you add alcohol to an a$$h...e, it just grows bigger and stupider!!! With Outdoor concerts you can afford to be a bit more rowdy but indoor shows are different... I went to Woodstock in 1994 and I saw Better behavior from all those thousands of people, then I did the other night. I just wondered if anyone else was there and what they experienced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
View detailed profiles of: