U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 12-07-2009, 08:09 AM

431 posts, read 557,997 times
Default Christmas Dinner

My Mom and I don't feel like cooking dinner this year for just the two of us. Does anyone know of any restaurants that will be open? The only thing I've found so far is Jack Oyster House. But that's not really our thing.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 12-09-2009, 11:44 AM

7,307 posts, read 3,210,517 times
the Gateway diner should be open

Unread 12-10-2009, 07:23 AM

I know diners probably are. We were just hoping for something a little nicer.

Unread 12-13-2009, 11:42 AM

264 posts, read 229,167 times
Gosh, I'm not sure offhand. You may just want to call a few of them and ask. We've never gone out on Christmas Day- but my father's birthday is Christmas Eve and we have a HECK of time even finding something open THEN because everything closes very early in the evening... so I imagine it'd be even harder on Christmas.

Since you wanted something nicer, I know this most likely isn't what you would prefer... but just throwing it out there, anyway. Most Chinese buffets and restaurants are open on Christmas Day

Unread 12-13-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika♥Chris♥Lexi View Post
Gosh, I'm not sure offhand. You may just want to call a few of them and ask. We've never gone out on Christmas Day- but my father's birthday is Christmas Eve and we have a HECK of time even finding something open THEN because everything closes very early in the evening... so I imagine it'd be even harder on Christmas.

Since you wanted something nicer, I know this most likely isn't what you would prefer... but just throwing it out there, anyway. Most Chinese buffets and restaurants are open on Christmas Day
I was thinking about that. A co-workers husband works at P.F. Changs and I asked her if they will be open, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Unread 12-13-2009, 04:53 PM

264 posts, read 229,167 times
I don't think they are.. only because they're most likely not run by true Chinese, kwim.. since it's a chain. I googled it for you and it appears none of the Changs I found were open on Christmas. It'd have to be more of a family joint I would imagine.

Unread 12-14-2009, 12:49 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,157,223 times
Yeah Chinese restaurants tend to stay open because I think it's like a Jewish tradition to order Chinese food on Christmas and there are a lot of Jewish people in Albany. So unlike most businesses, I bet Chinese restaurants do more business on Christmas than they usually do lol. My fave Chinese food is Gold Coin on New Scotland Ave. in Slingerlands

Unread 12-19-2009, 09:31 AM

3,984 posts, read 6,678,134 times
A few suggestions:
Emperor's (Chinese) on Wolf Rd., Albany
Angelo's Tavolo at Glen Sanders Mansion, Scotia
Apertivo Bistro, Schenectady

Unread 12-22-2009, 11:29 AM

1 posts, read 4,785 times
hana, the inn at saratoga and jacks are all open other then that there are very few avail. good luck i am having the same problem.

Unread 12-22-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsfoley06 View Post
hana, the inn at saratoga and jacks are all open other then that there are very few avail. good luck i am having the same problem.
We gave up. Decided to just sit around at home and have dinner here in whatever we feel like wearing. Good luck on your search as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area