Hello, I will be moving to Albany in mid-August and am seeking advice regarding finding a place to live. I will be 25, single and attending grad school at SUNY-Albany (uptown campus). I am looking for a 1-bedroom in a lively neighborhood, but would prefer a spot not immediately on a busy road. After doing some research, the Center Square neighborhood seems like a good fit. A couple of questions though:
1) Are there affordable 1-bedrooms to rent in Center Square? I would prefer spending less than $600 per month.
2) If not, is there a comparable neighborhood that is a bit cheaper?
3) Are there a decent amount of 20-somethings living in Center Square, or is it more of an older crowd?
4) I have heard parking is hard to come by in Center Square, is this true?
5) When do the lease periods typically start in Albany?
6) Are there any landlords to avoid?
Thanks for your help