U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-27-2010, 09:31 PM

5 posts, read 8,018 times
Default Camping in Saratoga Springs area

Just wondering if anyone has any camping recommendations in the Saratoga Springs area. I'm going to be visiting in June for 2 or 3 nights and I'm looking for a camp site that's close to Saratoga Springs. I'll just be tent camping with some friends--no camper or anythings so hook-ups aren't necessary. A place with showers would be nice, though. Being close to a lake or a place that has nice views would be great.

I've done some searching already, but I was wondering if anyone had any specific recommendations. Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 02:58 PM

4,079 posts, read 7,326,706 times
Moreau Lake State Park Campground New York Camping Reservations

Old 04-28-2010, 04:13 PM

5 posts, read 8,018 times
Thanks, Ellwood. Moreau looks like a nice park; unfortunately, it's all booked up for the weekend I'm looking to go--6/19 & 6/20. Any other recommendations anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 04-28-2010, 05:52 PM

4,079 posts, read 7,326,706 times
New York Camping in The Adirondacks 6 million acre park in upstate New York: Lake Placid, Saranac Lake, Glens Falls, Old Forge, Lake George etc..

Old 05-08-2010, 06:28 PM

50 posts, read 87,582 times
This place is in Greenfield, pretty close to saratoga: Visit Whispering Pines Campsites & RV Park At http://www.saratogacamping.com | Find More Saratoga Springs Area Business Listings At Saratoga.com

Or, Lake Luzerne is nice: Luzerne - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation

Good luck, have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area