U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-31-2010, 03:09 PM

2 posts, read 2,525 times

Advertisements

Hello, I plan on moving to Alb. anytime soon, probably by the beginning of Aug. I have visited this site for at least a year, and I have found A LOT of useful information. I find it great that all those home to Alb. share so much of their hometownTHANKS.
I have tried to learn as much as I can about this area were I plan on living; i don't know how long I will stay but there are so many things that I plan on doing!

I would like to get any info from those new to the area. I would really appreciated it and it would be eternally grateful to hear from you. I don't know about anybody else but, for me it is always scary moving to a new place and NOT knowing anybody. I would like to hear how it has been for you, how easy or hard, what have you gone thru so far.

Of course I would also like to hear from anybody who wants to share more info on "your" city. Anything would be appreciated, as a new comer I need any advice I can get. I need help in all aspects, for ex. 1. from finding a good mechanic, 2. to finding a good dentist, 3. high traffic areas to avoid and such. THANKS

Last edited by Bo; 07-31-2010 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: Moved from General US.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 07:38 AM

323 posts, read 447,843 times
I would contact the Chamber of Commerce for info on the city. Read other threads on relocating to ABQ. Check out the ACVB.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:12 AM

3 posts, read 3,381 times
Check this out - Albuquerque The Magazine - I think it's something like $1.00 per month. It's perfect for someone that's new to Albuquerque. I've lived here for 55 years and subscribe to it just because it's a fun magazine and I learn things about Albuquerque that I wouldn't know about otherwise.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:41 PM

5,553 posts, read 9,556,918 times
Also, at least, subscribe to the Sunday paper.
I did this for a year before I moved. It was
really worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque