Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2010, 07:17 AM

2 posts, read 4,354 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm writing from Germany because I need some help.
I've bought an '67 Mustang and would like to know how I can find out which was the first license plate of my car.
The Mustang was sold, October 66 by Wayne Loveladys Frontier Ford, according to Marty Report, which is now Bob Turner Ford. I tried to get some information from Bob Turner about the Mustang, but nobody answered my emails.
I also contacted the NM DMV (MVD) but they told me, there records only go back to 1983.
Is there any other possibility to find out which license plate the Mustang had?
I also have a copy of the vehicle title but there is no license plate mentioned.

Would be nice, if someone could help me on that.

Regards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 08:21 AM

101 posts, read 503,382 times
Unless you are lucky enough to find the original registration documents or an old photo of the car you will not be able to get the original license plate number. As you found there are no records at the state. Your best bet is to go to one of the good mustang forums (Vintage Mustang Forums is my favorite) and start there. Maybe someone has an early photo of your car or has some club records that may show it.

Good luck, it's a real long shot at best.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:39 AM

2 posts, read 4,354 times
Basically I do have all relevant information, I think... I have the original VIN and hope this is enough. But thanks anyway for your answer. I'll try the Vintage Mustang Forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque