Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 05:35 PM

326 posts, read 833,193 times

Advertisements

Albuquerque has four seasons right?

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of when the seasons come and go?? When does it start to feel like fall? How many months does each season useually last?

I am a New Englander at heart and all my friends are talking of fall back home but I am in a heavenly bliss of warmth and sunshine here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 05:40 PM

332 posts, read 1,116,123 times
I've been here for 2 years, and I can tell you for those years, at least, on or about Balloon Fiesta weekend, it is suddenly quite cold. So I'm guessing that is the beginning of fall. Maybe it's just been that way for the past 2 years, though.

Cold, but nothing like New England. I have not really lived in, but have stayed for lengthy periods in Boston and Ellsworth, ME. Nothing in Albuquerque is ever like that.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:45 PM

153 posts, read 210,393 times
Default 4 extreme seasons

Jan-Feb, coldest months, overnight lows about 10, highs 40, usually
not much percipitation, except in the higher elevations.
March-Windy, dry, start of allergy season, straight from flu/cold season,
so it's hard to tell! lows 50s high 70 -75
April-wind, dry, lows 60-75-80 high
May-wind, dry, lows 70-85-90 highs
June- wind, dry, lows 75, high 95-100
July-less windy, lows 75 high 95-102
August-monsoon season, some wind, evening showers, lows 75-highs 100
Sept/Oct/Nov, nicest season, although unpredictable, temps start to lower
but occasionally periods of high temps, unusual lows.
Dec-Lows 20, highs 50
Plus-usually the sky is blue, and our sunsets amazing!

Old 09-13-2010, 06:12 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,030,354 times
I think it's starting to feel like fall right now.
Temperatures are almost ten degrees cooler than they were in July.

The Rabbitbrush is starting to get golden and stinky.

( I put the links in because someone somewhere is going to ask "what's Rabbitbrush?"
rather than search. It just makes things easier to anticipate that sort of thing. )

It will feel like winter when it first snows.

The earliest large snow I ever saw here was the second weekend in October. I went skiing on the
UNM golf course the next day whilst the Balloon people packed up their stuff a day or so early.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:27 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,676,439 times
Fall usually begins in October, Winter definitely begins to set in around December, Spring usually begins around March, and summer is definitely here by late May / early June.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrye View Post
Jan-Feb, coldest months, overnight lows about 10, highs 40, usually
not much percipitation, except in the higher elevations.
March-Windy, dry, start of allergy season, straight from flu/cold season,
so it's hard to tell! lows 50s high 70 -75
April-wind, dry, lows 60-75-80 high
May-wind, dry, lows 70-85-90 highs
June- wind, dry, lows 75, high 95-100
July-less windy, lows 75 high 95-102
August-monsoon season, some wind, evening showers, lows 75-highs 100
Sept/Oct/Nov, nicest season, although unpredictable, temps start to lower
but occasionally periods of high temps, unusual lows.
Dec-Lows 20, highs 50
Plus-usually the sky is blue, and our sunsets amazing!

I couldn't even finish reading your post (got to march's weather) I got so excited I need to dance around a little.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdog View Post
I've been here for 2 years, and I can tell you for those years, at least, on or about Balloon Fiesta weekend, it is suddenly quite cold. So I'm guessing that is the beginning of fall. Maybe it's just been that way for the past 2 years, though.

Cold, but nothing like New England. I have not really lived in, but have stayed for lengthy periods in Boston and Ellsworth, ME. Nothing in Albuquerque is ever like that.

Ohhh myyy Gooooooddnesss!!! In Maine while in HS we would have "snow days" were school had to be canceled because it was too cold to go outside with the wind chill taking the temp to -40 F. It hurts just thinking about it lol.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:38 PM

Spyrye- thank you for your month by month after I calmed down I was able to finish reading.

Thanks everyone else, it seems ABQ has wonderful weather year round, giving you a taste of everything without the heat stroke and hypothermia!

Old 09-13-2010, 08:57 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,334,020 times
ABQ weather is the reason we moved here from Maine. My asthma is so much better out here.

You will enjoy your first winter here. It'll seem like springtime in Maine. Unless you go up into the mountains, you won't need boots or, even, a heavy coat. I still have to chuckle at the locals who think its cold here. They ain't seen nuttin' like a Maine winter in ABQ.

Oh yes the snow melts within a couple of hours, when we get any.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:58 PM

1,938 posts, read 4,733,883 times
Last year I rode my motorcycle throughout the winter although selectively and with
electrically heated gloves and boots. Try that in Minnesota or even Virginia..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque