Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 06:18 PM

41 posts, read 86,192 times

Advertisements

Our neighborhood experience on Halloween last night was very pleasant. Lots of very small Spider-Men, Iron-Men, and fairies accompanied with their parents. All the kids said, "thank-you," even if mom or dad had to remind them.
Some teenagers went trick-or-treating also, and they also seemed well-behaved.
My wife and I took our kids trick-or-treating, and the neighbors were all very kind to them.
Some of the decorations were very elaborate, with impressive pumpkin carving.
All-in-all, we had a fun evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 07:48 PM

923 posts, read 2,419,556 times
We've had a mixture of both good and bad. Most of our neighbors are nice and also quiet. The people on both sides of us and a police officer across the street are original owners like we are, so we've been neighbors for almost 11 years. We talk about how our kids had all grown up on this block together and how we'd all watched out for each others' kids during their outdoor play.

One time we left the garage door open by mistake after leaving for work. I'd given my cell number to the neighbor one time years ago when we had gone on vacation. She had saved the number, but couldn't find it. She searched for over an hour and finally found my number and called me to let me know our garage door was open. She said she'd been keeping an eye on the house all morning while she looked for the phone number.

Now, there are a few "rotten eggs" on the block, too who have recently moved in last spring and are renting. One house has a teenager who smokes and leaves cigarette butts in our driveway. One day this last summer I came home to see him sitting in his front yard in handcuffs with a police car in his driveway.

Another time it was late one night when I remembered all of the cars parked on the street were supposed to be moved because the street was going to be repaved beginning at 6:00am. So I went outside well after midnight and drove the car to the corner, parking on the that next block. When I was parking, I saw a group of teens walking down the block and go to a specific house. As I walked back home (4 houses away), I saw the teens go into the house through the garage. When I walked past the house, one of the teens threw out a firecracker that made a loud bang. Scared the bejeebers out of me, but I didn't let on. I just kept walking. I could hear them snickering.

Another set of young teens flip us off us off every time we drive by when they are outside. They are twin boys and have given us the bird for years. We can only figure that they do it because we worked at the school up the street that they either got expelled from or the parents pulled them out due to ongoing problems. We've never ever had any type of conversation with them.

So, we have the good, the bad, and the terrible.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:32 PM

462 posts, read 1,009,179 times
We have great neighbors out here in Eastern NM. All the kids play together on the blockand are good kiddos. Anytime we're outside and see any of our neighbors, we get a chance to visit with them. We've all got each other's phone numbers and kind of watch each other's house when we're on vacation. It's nice.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:35 PM

23 posts, read 53,052 times
We are in an older area of Rio Rancho and our neighbors REALLY keep to themselves. People seem to stay inside most of the time and are rarely out in their yards or out walking. Maybe some of that is lack of sidewalks? Most are older folks so those of us with kids are very few around here. It is a pretty quiet neighborhood for the most part which is nice- but too quiet too.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:52 AM

124 posts, read 174,637 times
My neighbors suck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque