Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 03:37 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,750,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmom View Post
My next door neighbors have four dogs and the barking just gets progressively worse

This past week the dogs have began going outside in the middle of the night and barking.

the dogs bark non-stop all day,
If you live in Albuquerque, read this:
Information about reporting barking dogs and noisy animals. Noisy Animals - City of Albuquerque
Been there, done that in Rio Rancho.... Been to court a few times because of barking dogs and dogs running loose.

ADDED: http://www.cabq.gov/pets/noisy-anima...oise-complaint

Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 04:25 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,685,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
If you live in Albuquerque, read this:
Information about reporting barking dogs and noisy animals. Noisy Animals - City of Albuquerque
Been there, done that in Rio Rancho.... Been to court a few times because of barking dogs and dogs running loose.

ADDED: Animal Noise Complaint - City of Albuquerque

Rich
Wow, you've had to take it to court . Thanks for the link...

Old 10-14-2010, 08:45 AM

Someone may have beat me to the punch on this. We have not heard or even seen the dogs for the past day and a half ..... I wouldn't be surprised if someone else took action because the barking had escalated for several days to the point of almost non-stop noise between the four dogs. What a relief! I won't hesitate to file a report if it starts again though. Thanks everyone for your insights and advice.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:10 AM

713 posts, read 1,845,659 times
Dogs that bark persistently need to be taken from their owners. These animals are in some sort of distress to be barking constantly. Too many people think owning a dog is putting it in the backyard and putting food and water out there. It is a big responsibility that many people are not up to. I love dogs but don't have one right now because I'm not home enough to give it the attention it needs.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborick View Post
Dogs that bark persistently need to be taken from their owners. These animals are in some sort of distress to be barking constantly. Too many people think owning a dog is putting it in the backyard and putting food and water out there. It is a big responsibility that many people are not up to. I love dogs but don't have one right now because I'm not home enough to give it the attention it needs.
You're right. IMO owning a dog is almost as much responsibility as having a child. We don't have dogs either because it's more than we can handle right now. They need a lot of care every single day - and a lot of training early on. Our neighbors excused their dogs barking because all of the dogs were rescued and were all traumatized. This is understandable, just as a traumatized child will act out, but doesn't change the fact that it interferes with neighbors' lives negatively.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:35 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,750,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmom View Post
Wow, you've had to take it to court . Thanks for the link...
In Rio Rancho, two instances. Animal Control and Department of Public Safety, actually did the charges etc. I was one witness.

I have also provided evidence to Animal Control and the Courts (Video tapes and notes).

Old 10-14-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
In Rio Rancho, two instances. Animal Control and Department of Public Safety, actually did the charges etc. I was one witness.

I have also provided evidence to Animal Control and the Courts (Video tapes and notes).
You are the kind of neighbor I'd like to have .

Old 01-03-2011, 11:06 AM

5 posts, read 14,615 times
I have come to the conclusion that most people are not bothered by the barking dogs, especially the owners. I for one am very bothered, yes I know dogs bark but I have a large dog and she is very good at knowing when and what to bark at. People owning dogs is fine but the barking has to stop. Dogs that can be heard barking constantly from two blocks away is ridiculous, I can't even hear my neighbors talking in the backyard. If people want to own these loud, constant barking dogs then fine but they should have control over them. I should go and purchase a loud stereo and play it loud all day, pretty sure I would have the cops at my door pretty quick, so what is the difference, something should be done.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:43 PM

1,369 posts, read 713,703 times
As a dog owner, I have to say that these neighbors sound really irresponsible. Specially with poodles, which are intelligent dogs that require activity and a job to do. If I was stuck in a backyard for most of my life, I would bark too!
I am a little surprised at the OP not thinking to contact the police/city in the first place. Why wouldn't that come to mind? That's why we have government... so that we can all live in close proximity with rules enforced by a jointly chosen group of citizens, right?

Old 01-09-2011, 09:24 PM

5 posts, read 14,615 times
Arcos, I agree, I myself don't have a problem with people having animals but they need to be more responsible with the decisions they make. As far as the police are concerned I was told I need to contact animal control and I did so with no resolution, I know of other people that have done the same and they to have not had any resolution to the problem, it was only until the neighbors went to the house together to confront the owners of the dogs and it was only then when they stopped the dog from barking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque