Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 03:43 PM

5,034 posts, read 7,414,809 times

Advertisements

Corrales has character, a sense of history, identity, and civic pride. It has a narrow "Main Street" (Corrales Road) with businesses and good restaurants and is a focal point of the community, although the street it is heavily trafficked and not pedestrian friendly. But once you're off the main drag you're surrounded by a rural atmosphere with nice mountain views. It would be a good place to live if you like to be close to everything, enjoy being part of a community, yet still preserve a feeling of living in the country around horses, llamas, etc.

Sandia Park (that I can tell) doesn't have the community feel Corrales has, to me it's just an area of the East Mountain communities and it's hard to tell where the boundaries are when you drive through. It has no "main street" of its own although its residents can travel easily down the Turquoise Trail to businesses and services in Cedar Crest or Tijeras. I think it would appeal more to people who want a certain level of isolation and privacy and may not be as interested in being part of a community. If you find you want to get involved in organizations or activities in Albuquerque proper you will obviously be driving around the mountain quite often which can get hairy in the winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoBald View Post
I've searched the forum but can find very little about Corrales. I am interested in Sandia Park (gorgeous but a little remote) but Corrales (which I haven't visited) has come to my attention. I'm in the market for a max. $600K house. How do the two compare? Views, convenience for shopping and services, weather differences, security, no kids so schools aren't an issue, public services ? Thanks.
Old thread...

I live in Corrales. If you like, I mean LOVE barking dogs, and LOVE the fact you can't do anything about it...Corrales is the place for you.

Need I say more...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque