U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 02:25 AM

11,525 posts, read 20,276,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homewardbound66 View Post
Okay Yukon - Spill the dirt. What environmentally friendly products have you found that do as good a job as the commercial cleaners? I really am curious because I would love to switch, but years ago before my son was born I used to clean houses for extra money. I tried some environmentally friendly products and even with all my elbow grease wasn't able to get chrome to shine and rings around toilets to disappear. Maybe I was too much a perfectionist, but I think not. Things have probably improved since then too. If you can't post the names of the products you have your cleaners use, could you private message me because I would love to clean our house with them and maybe in the future, do the cleaning business again.
Me too. I'd like to know as I'm allergic to all kinds of chemicals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 05:36 AM

417 posts, read 901,653 times
I thought I'd post a few of my favorite things to use that don't have chemicals. However, I wish I had more that actually did work.

We use Method brand window cleaner and granite cleaner. Both work great.

For the kids tub, I used baking soda and vinegar (don't use on plastic) once a week. But, I also do "bleach" it once a month. I hate bleach, but that's the only way I truly feel I'm disinfecting it.

For the bathroom counters and sinks I use the Method cucumber stuff as needed (usually twice a week).

Our tile floors just get soap & water unless there is something particularly gross on it.

For the toilets...well that's one place I still use chemicals. I also still use chemicals for the hardwood flooring.

I'd love to hear what other non-chemical cleaning items that people use on a regular basis that work really well!

Old 07-10-2007, 11:03 AM
_yb

1,135 posts, read 3,424,861 times
Imus ranch puts out a product called greening the cleaning. You mays be able to search their website for more info.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:56 AM

Has anyone used Merry Maids out of Rio Rancho? If so, I'd like to hear your opinions.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:10 PM

2,574 posts, read 5,184,521 times
oooooooooo, I think I found something for you! If you go on Craigslist, under the Services category, click on Household. Quite a few cleaning sources there!

Old 07-12-2007, 04:40 AM

I've contacted a couple of them. One sounds very promising. I just have to check a couple more references of hers and then see if she'll agree to a background check. The other doesn't seem to want to give me information on her helper so that one is out of the question.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:29 AM

96 posts, read 228,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggggies View Post
For the bathroom counters and sinks I use the Method cucumber stuff as needed (usually twice a week).
Ditto on the Method cleaners - Cucumber, Lavender, and other yummy smells. They are great for the kitchen. They can be a little hard to find, but once I found them at Target, and once at Gelsons (on sale too!).

I also use them in the art studio and they work great for cleaning up water-based printmaking inks on plexiglass palettes; they have a degreaser that works better than anything else I've tried.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:30 PM

253 posts, read 912,107 times
Veggies - Did you decide to rent in Rio Rancho? From your other posts I gathered that was your plan. I am relocating from Massachusetts to that area in 6 weeks, and am wondering what you think of it. What development did you choose, if so?

Old 07-18-2007, 06:51 AM

Yes, we're heading to RR. We'll be in Northern Meadows. I'm not sure what I think of it yet...I've never been to NM in my life! We're taking quite a leap of faith. That's why we decided to rent the first year or so. When we learn the area, then we'll worry about buying again.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:36 AM

13,016 posts, read 24,262,455 times
It seems either people come on here and say they hate our state and can't wait to leave or the opposite where as they are telling people to leave well all i have to say is......WELCOME to our state Veggggies and please don't think that all of us are morons here. I hope you enjoy your time here in NM.

On a diff topic not sure if you were/are by Norfolk as i was there in my first year in the service and i really digged the Tidewater area/Virginia beach and Williamsburg/Busch Gardens etc....

Last edited by LLD; 07-21-2007 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: editing out quote from deleted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque