U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 10:33 AM

28 posts, read 60,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _yb View Post
When we were looking for our current home our realtor had just got done working a deal to sell 7 listings to an investor from CA. This was about 3 years ago. Lots of folks moving here from CA and the east coast. Really driving the cost up.
Not sure what the median income is but 40k seems really low.
I will guess that the median income for two earners if both have a HS diploma or less is about right at 40k. Often much higher if more education I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 01:21 AM

79 posts, read 206,893 times
Default A look into what actual people are making around here...

I know reading statistics always surprises me because I never seem to be one of them, or know anyone that meets the numbers either.
I can tell you of six people that I kow their financial status located in various parts of Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, and East Mountains.
Couple # 1 lives on the southwest area of Albuquerque, and she makes just under $20,000/year, and he makes about $15,000 a year. They are not married and they file their taxes seperately, so technically their incomes are viewed as seperate and do not combine for a median household income. Both graduated from high school, but have no other formal education. They have two teens.
Couple # 2 lives in the East Mountain area and she is a stay-at-home Mom and he works making $85,000/year. He has a college degree and works for the military as a contracted civillian. They have two children in elementary school.
Couple # 3 live in Albuquerque near Rio Rancho. She makes just under $70,000 a year and has a college degree in her career set. He makes just under $40,000 and never even graduated from High School. The have one teen.
Couple # 4 live in Southern Rio Rancho. She makes $120,000 a year with multiple degrees and is a transplant from Florida. He makes just under $70,000 a year with a community college certificate in the filed he is now employed. They have two teens.
Couple # 5 live in Northern Rio Rancho. She makes about $30,000 a year and has a high school diploma. He makes $40,000 and also only has a high school diploma, but is also going to the community college for a degree hoping to make more money. They have three kids; two teens and a toddler.
Couple # 6 live on the East side of Albuquerque. She has a college degree in the medical field, but has been unemployed for the last 8 months. He has a college degree working with computers and makes about $42,000 a year. They have three teens.
I know this about each person because I do their taxes every year and they are my closest friends, so the info here is very current.
Just a look into what actual people are making around here...

Last edited by onelilredrose; 07-19-2007 at 01:25 AM.. Reason: adding family size

Old 07-19-2007, 06:06 AM

371 posts, read 1,259,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilredrose View Post
I know reading statistics always surprises me because I never seem to be one of them, or know anyone that meets the numbers either.
I can tell you of six people that I kow their financial status located in various parts of Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, and East Mountains.
Couple # 1 lives on the southwest area of Albuquerque, and she makes just under $20,000/year, and he makes about $15,000 a year. They are not married and they file their taxes seperately, so technically their incomes are viewed as seperate and do not combine for a median household income. Both graduated from high school, but have no other formal education. They have two teens.
Couple # 2 lives in the East Mountain area and she is a stay-at-home Mom and he works making $85,000/year. He has a college degree and works for the military as a contracted civillian. They have two children in elementary school.
Couple # 3 live in Albuquerque near Rio Rancho. She makes just under $70,000 a year and has a college degree in her career set. He makes just under $40,000 and never even graduated from High School. The have one teen.
Couple # 4 live in Southern Rio Rancho. She makes $120,000 a year with multiple degrees and is a transplant from Florida. He makes just under $70,000 a year with a community college certificate in the filed he is now employed. They have two teens.
Couple # 5 live in Northern Rio Rancho. She makes about $30,000 a year and has a high school diploma. He makes $40,000 and also only has a high school diploma, but is also going to the community college for a degree hoping to make more money. They have three kids; two teens and a toddler.
Couple # 6 live on the East side of Albuquerque. She has a college degree in the medical field, but has been unemployed for the last 8 months. He has a college degree working with computers and makes about $42,000 a year. They have three teens.
I know this about each person because I do their taxes every year and they are my closest friends, so the info here is very current.
Just a look into what actual people are making around here...

Thanks for that interesting scenerio and it seems to prove what we have assumed. It takes 2 incomes to make it in this town. Out of all those examples only one Mom stays home and her husband has a Government job, which Rotorhead has told me is the only sector that pays really well. My husband has accepted a job and will make $21,000 less than he did in Illinois and we will be looking at houses that cost $50,000 more than our house in Illinois. Hopefully, we'll make it for at least 6 months because he is promised a review and a raise than. We really want to continue with husband working and myself raising our son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque